Are You Ever Satisfied With Yourself?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 08:39 am
Chai wrote:
My own importance in the scheme of things.

I just farted.

Somewhere, light years away, a baby cries out in his sleep.

my eyes are watering and I smell cabbage.... am I going to have a seizure?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 09:04 am
I did my taxes yesterday and discovered I made about the GNP of East Timor less than I did the year before.

So, no, not satisfied.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:59 am
I did have a multiple-orgasmic girlfriend in college though. Man could she give you a big head while she drained your little one.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:05 am
cjhsa wrote:
little one.

I always suspected that was the reason for the gun obsession...

Kidding, kidding.

Bummer about the hit to your income.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:19 am
In general, no Im not satisfied with myself.
But recently Ive been doing things I havnt previously done so at least Im trying to change.So, in that way Im a little more staisfied with myself.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 12:45 pm
So far, I have never been satisfied with myself.

But there's a big difference between my past and present state of dissatisfaction.

Earlier on, I was unsatisfied because I was always competing with others. I wanted to be the best looking, the most popular, the most intelligent....
It was a never-ending quest, and because I could never really get there, it brought on a lot of vexation and frustration.

Now, as I am growing up and introspecting a lot, I am coming to terms with the idea of being my best. I don't compare myself to anyone, I don't try to get ahead of anyone. I just have to be my very best. If I study, I have to do it to my best ability. If I write, I have to do it to the best of my capacity.

The latter is actually a very positive approach, IMO. I have grown very joyful since adopting it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 03:55 pm
I'm reminded of a ferry-boat operator in Rooster Cogburn:

"I ain't got an ounce of goodwill. I hate everybody. I'm a cantankerous old man and I know it. I like myself better'n anyone else I ever knowed."
0 Replies

Cobbler

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:07 pm
I'm satisfied with my potential, so I hope I will be satisfied with myself in 80 years.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:20 pm
Echoing sentiments already posted, I'm only ever satisfied with the successful achievement of physical tasks.

Even those fade, though. The fence I was so happy with last summer really started to piss me off when the ground froze and threw things akilter and the gate didn't close just so.

My daily grind, which is largely academic, just makes me realize what a lazy, apathetic **** I am.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 02:14 am
patiodog wrote:

My daily grind, which is largely academic, just makes me realize what a lazy, apathetic **** I am.

Yup, I, too, fall into that league.

But just as I promise myself at the start of every new year, I am affirming :I AM GOING TO CHANGE MYSELF.

I never do. But it never hurts to try.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 04:40 pm
Satisfied with whom?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 07:28 am
snood wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
I'm satisfied, quite content, on the domestic front. When it comes to my other persuits I will never be satisfied. It was that eternal striving made Faust saved in the end.

Saved? Odd wording for an atheist, seems to me.

You mean like - how fire purges something clean?

It is a fictional account of Faust's relation with God and the devil. So, logically, he must be either saved or damned in the end. Not to be confused with Marlowe's take on Dr Faustus. That one ends quite differently.
0 Replies

skeptical

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 05:06 pm
I'm not satisfied with anything I accomplish, just happy with the people and situations that have entered my life because of them.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 05:08 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Satisfied with whom?

Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:55:52