From prison to executive chief

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:07 am
This story was one of those "driveway moments" you have listening to NPR.

Click on the "Listen" link to hear this interview with Jeff Henderson, who went from selling crack for $35,000 a week to an executive chef at the Cafe Bellagio.

Chef Jeff

Very inspiring.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 289 • Replies: 6
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:12 am
Just the person I want making the dressing that will go on my salad....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:48 am
Did you actually listen to the story drewdad?

I can't imagine you saying something like that if you did.

I'm sure you have worse people than him involved in preparing your food somewhere along the line whenever you eat out. Do you imagine all the people from the servers back to the vendors that supply ready made items are all upstanding citizens?

I very much admire this person taking accountability, not only for his own life and making a successful transition from the life he had (and regrets) to the life he has now.

What moved me greatly is that several times he acknowled he had ruined many people lives. He knows he's done so in ways that can never be fixed.

What he has done is made himself into someone who is giving back to society, in the best way he knows how.

I'd love for him to prepare salad dressing for me.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:52 am
No, I didn't listen to the article.

And I'm quite aware of who's preparing the meals. I just like air what creeps me out once in a while.

T used to work at a prison....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:55 am
well then, listen....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 12:01 pm
ok, I'm bumping this because I just can't stop thinking about this guy.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 12:22 pm
I heard this too and thought it was inspirational. It just proves no matter how low you may fall there is still hope if you're are willing to do the work. What we become in this life depends on the decisions we make even more than the circumstances we are born into.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » From prison to executive chief
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:37:02