I'm sitting here thinking about dag....

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:57 pm
I ate something at lunch with garlic in it, so decided to do a rare thing for me...chew a piece of gum.

I'm all alone here with my office door closed, so I decided it was ok to make some smacking sound with my gum, on purpose.

mmmmm......smack, smack.....crack smack....

What would you do to someone on A2K to drive them up the wall?

smack, smack, crack......mmmmmm.....gum.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 304 • Replies: 5
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:13 pm
Constantly bash hair bands... for the wimpy so called metal music they put out...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:27 pm
From a recent LA Times article, not yet archived (so you don't have to pay to read),
LINK to LA Times article on benefits of gum chewing

The title - Chew on this: It's for your health
Suppress appetite, boost memory, fight disease. Gums could do it all -- thanks to the cheeks.
By Emily Sohn, Special to The Times
February 19, 2007

(clip)
Last February, in a study published in the journal Archives of Surgery, California researchers found that, among 34 people who received colon surgery, those who chewed gum during recovery were able to leave the hospital sooner. Abdominal surgery can stop or slow the workings of the intestines, and people can't usually eat right away. Chewing gum instead may, like chewing food, stimulate the release of gut-healing hormones.

There are mental benefits too, Wrigley's Leveille says. He cites a Chinese study of nine people that found chewing gum boosted blood flow to the brain by as much as 40%. And a Britain-based study on 75 people, published in the journal Appetite in 2002, found that chewers did better in a word memory test.

From a list of 15 words, gum chewers recalled eight or nine words right away and seven words 25 minutes later. Nonchewers and people who pretended to chew remembered six or seven words at first and five words later. Although the scientists don't know the reason, they hypothesize that the act of chewing increases a person's heart rate and delivers more oxygen to the brain.

(end clip)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:28 pm
I want some gum.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 03:14 pm
here bella....let's french kiss and I'll pass my gum to you.

that's the way all the cool kids are doing it.

I'm going to start twirling my hair too.

and putting a section of it in my mouth, then I'll smell it.

oh god, that just gave me such a flashback. when I lived in the dorms there was this chick that played with her hair CONSTANTLY! The only other thing I remember about her is that one day, I was in my room, ALONE, and noticed I had an ingrown hair you know where, (Down "there") I was picking at it, head lowered to the task, when I suddenly saw movement in the corner of my eye.

I'm sure she thought I was getting off....she made all these loud "AHEMS" and knocked stuff around, then came back it.
What was I supposed to do? "Oh, yeah, I wasn't masturbating, I was picking at an ingrown hair in my groinal area, wanna see"?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 03:21 pm
Oh gawd, I think we need Doctor Chai here. Shocked
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm sitting here thinking about dag....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:29:24