Alabama hates us Brits, apparently - OUTRAGEUOS! (Vid)

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 04:10 am
The Programme - Top Gear, one of the most watched TV progs in the UK.

The Presenters -

1. Jeremy Clarkson - tall outspoken, but funny pillock.

2. Richard Hammond (aka "hamster") - diminutive, cheeky and loveable petrol head.

3. James May - floppy haired, old fashioned, typically British middle class who's stuck in the 50's.

THE MISSION.

To find out whether it would prove cheaper than the usual car rental, to purchase a car for less than $1000 and use it for a driving holiday in the USA.
Clarkson gets a clapped out Dodge which has a blood soaked jacket in the back and bullet holes in the windcreen.....Hammond gets an old pickup truck that was probably owned by Gus at one time, and James May acquires a big old caddy, and is the only one who has airconditioning, although it only does 10 miles to the gallon and can't get over 45mph.

The Challenge for Alabama.

Having driven up through Florida on the way to their eventaul destination (New Orleans), they have to pass through Alabama.
Their task is to see who can get the other arrested or shot, simply by painting something onto their colleagues' car.

Everything is going well, until they stop for fuel.......the vid - outrageous!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 632 • Replies: 13
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 09:10 am
I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 10:55 am
There is nothing to laugh about. Scary, and even more scary: these
people vote!!!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 11:01 am
CalamityJane wrote:
There is nothing to laugh about. Scary, and even more scary: these
people vote!!!

Yeah, and we know who they voted for.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 02:14 pm
Easy for you to laugh, LordE. You're not related to people like that. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:10 pm
Raw courage.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:53 pm
Holy crap!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:56 pm
I thought it was very obliging of the local folk to give these chaps exactly the footage they were looking for. That's southern hospitality, see.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 04:00 pm
patiodog wrote:
I thought it was very obliging of the local folk to give these chaps exactly the footage they were looking for. That's southern hospitality, see.

We see.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 04:04 pm
Honestly, though, you show up with a camera crew and the obvious intent of humiliating people -- what sort of response do you expect to get? What would you expect to happen if a bunch of good old boys rolled into, say, the south side of Chicago pulling a similar stunt?

Course, my main objection is that they didn't really do anything funny, and they weren't emotionally committed to the stunt, clearly embarassed/ashamed/whatever.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:03 pm
patiodog wrote:
Honestly, though, you show up with a camera crew and the obvious intent of humiliating people -- what sort of response do you expect to get? What would you expect to happen if a bunch of good old boys rolled into, say, the south side of Chicago pulling a similar stunt?

Course, my main objection is that they didn't really do anything funny, and they weren't emotionally committed to the stunt, clearly embarassed/ashamed/whatever.

a. They could have ignored it or laughed...you know, had some dignity about it.

b. I think the people involved were plain scared.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:26 pm
Of course they were scared! You don't f*ck with rednecks lightly. But if they'd shown real courage it could have been damn funny.

And damn ugly.

Which is what makes it courage, I s'pose.

And I'm sure on some level they were a little ashamed of being assholes, which just doesn't make for good entertainment.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:30 pm
I've been called a redneck and no one is more loving or kind than I.... so watch your mouth boy..... Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:36 pm
I grew up in a house on jacks with five cars on the gravel driveway and my mama still lives there.

So I can say whatever the hell I want.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Alabama hates us Brits, apparently - OUTRAGEUOS! (Vid)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 06:05:57