The secrets of the curmbox

flushd

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 03:02 am
Ok, this has been bugging me for a long time. Does anyone know what curmbox means or is?

When I log into hotmail, part of the http:blahblahblah says yes&curmbox.

Just cause it catches my eye so often I have to ask. What is a curmbox??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,350 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 04:20 am
CurmboxShort for Current Mailbox, Curmbox is a hidden tag used to open and/or display e-mail on Microsoft's e-mail service Hotmail.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 04:22 am
Ah haaa! Thanks mucho much, dlowan. Smile That makes sense, yes, it does.
0 Replies

MysticalElfGirl

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 04:29 am
This is what Google had to say about:

"File Fromat: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
The SWDesigner allows visually define scenes and controls for Web application"

All I did was type in "define curmbox" in the Google search bar.

Next time you want to find out the meaning of a word, all you have to do is type in the Google search bar the word "define" followed by the word you want to look up and then hit search, it will then give you the meaning of the word.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 07:22 am
Quote:
Next time you want to find out the meaning of a word, all you have to do is type in the Google search bar the word "define" followed by the word you want to look up and then hit search, it will then give you the meaning of the word.

No. You put down your fountain pen, push back your chair and walk yourself upstairs to the library. There, after finding the magnifier in the desk drawer, you go over to the dictionary stand and begin to page through the Unabridged Oxford Edition looking for the word you seek to define. On your way up and down the columns you will discover dozens of others words of interest, both curiosities and common words of discourse that someday may be of some use in the right circumstances.
cupule
cureall
curia
curie
curlew
curlycue
currier
curmudgeon
currency (in Macao, 100 axos equal 1 pataca)

Don't get distracted.

After finding your word you should write down the definition on one of the yellow note cards from the stack on the sidetable. Try to place your word in three different sentences to confirm your understanding and solidify it's meaning in the synapses of your brain.

You should then shut off the lights, go down the hallway and back stairs to your office and write.

Joe(And lay in wait to use 'axos' in your next game of Scrabble.)Nation
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 07:37 am
For those who care (and even those who don't) the "curmbox" was immortalized in an album by Holger Hiller.

Link

Fascinating. You can even hear what a curmbox sounds like!!!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 08:42 am
Anyone ever noticed that when you click on 'your posts' it says 'egosearch'?

x
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 10:11 am
That's my way, too, Joe. Well, I don't have the Oxford, and I don't write them down, and I do get distracted.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The secrets of the curmbox
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:53:20