What do I look like? Some kind of moron? (don't answer that)

Chai

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 12:34 pm
I hate it when someone tells you something that is so stupid, and you're just supposed to pretend it makes perfect sense.

I go to the car wash Saturday, it was busy, nice weather after a crappy 2 weeks, but no more so that usual.

I tell the guy I'd like a basic wash, and he says "It's an hour wait."

Well, I kinda thought this was weird since I've never had the ticket writer at a car wash volunteer the wait time. But....I was really busy and didn't want to wait that long, so I left thinking "damn, I'll gave to make time tomorrow."

So, I go back Sunday, it's a lot less busy, and when I tell a different guy I'd like a basic wash, he says "That's going to take and hour AND A HALF" When I don't respond, he says "That from right HERE"

So, I've got a good book this time and say, "OK" and then he hits me with the "As long as you've got to wait that long, don't you want some wax too" Rolling Eyes

OK, now I get it....So I said "Sure, if it's on the house to make up for the hour and a half wait".

well, no, it wasn't.

So, when I go in to pay, the woman in front of me is in the middle of telling the cashier how SHE was told it was an hour and a half and how she thought it was because she was holding a half price coupone (I had one too, but it was in my wallet. When she commented on the long wait, the guy had told her "Well, you could just go do it yourself in the self serve area.:" Shocked yeah, right.

So between the 2 of us we had the girl all flustered and everything, and now she's being all stupid saying "well....uh....I'll make sure I'll tell the manager...."

I told her she didn't have to bother because we knew he was sitting right on the other side of that open doorway 10 feet away, and he could hear us perfectly fine. There must have been someone else in there too, because we suddenly heard this big guffaw, then stiflement.

Anyways, I look at my cell phone and say 1:49.....went out to do the wait, and when the dryer guy waves his towel, I look at my cell and it says...2:14.

25 minutes, the time it always takes.

I hate sneaky bastids.

The next time I have a long wait at the doctors office, I'm going to ask for a colonoscopy to make us for the time wasted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 366 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 12:44 pm
Re: What do I look like? Some kind of moron? (don't answer t
Chai wrote:
The next time I have a long wait at the doctors office, I'm going to ask for a colonoscopy to make us for the time wasted.

****, no!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 12:53 pm
Perhaps a particular kind of moron?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 01:22 pm
Re: What do I look like? Some kind of moron? (don't answer t
Heeven wrote:
Chai wrote:

****, no!

No ****!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do I look like? Some kind of moron? (don't answer that)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:41:58