"Goldielocks" clothing?

flushd

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 02:43 pm
The first thing I think of is power.

Larger clothing: Pumping up and deluding yourself to how much power and space you actually take in this world. Like, feeling like a 'big man' even though you may not be in any sense at all. Or you may be a big shot.

Too small clothes: Seeing oneself as smaller and lacking power and clout.

This actually fits in with what you were saying, boom. Kev feeling rather powerless, so he goes shooting a bunch kids with a crossbow.?!

Well, that is how I have always translated it when it didn't seem to be about sex or pure body image (I AM not fat, dammit!).

Those little punks A.K.A. rappers trying to fill as much bloody space as possible, even though they are just skinny little jerks. Smile Like, look at me, I'm the shitza and BIG. pfff
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 04:42 pm
Re: women who wear too small clothing -- all I can say is thank heaven for expensive lable vanity sizing or my sister would never be dressed. The silly thing is is that she is probably a size 8 or 9 - a perfectly acceptable size - but it kills her that she is no longer a 6.

Okay. No longer a 6 unless she buys expensive lable vanity sized garments.

That's an interesting perspective, flushd. I'm thinking you are probably right in regard to the reasons in the book. That kind of ties everything together.

Now we just need to determine why Roberta (or should we say Puff-Berta) is trying to take up so much damn space with her big old gangsta clothes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 04:44 pm
Hmmm....well, too big is fashionable for adolescents right now, or groups of them....but I always think of possible sexual abuse in the case of young people, and women, who always wear baggy clothes, especially if they are drab and dark.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 07:22 pm
boomerang wrote:

Now we just need to determine why Roberta (or should we say Puff-Berta) is trying to take up so much damn space with her big old gangsta clothes.

I be da def. Dat's why. Or I can't afford new clothes. One or the other or maybe both.

P-B Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 08:22:34