Hairy Nostrils

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:30 am
At a certain age, most of us go through changes that require new strategies in our personal grooming habits. Hair starts growing wild from the strangest bodily crevices and orifices. It's an uphill battle, and one that seems to get harder with each passing year.

For me, at the moment, I am most concerned about the unrelenting thistle-like underbrush that is currently on the march from both of my nostrils. I think I need one of those nose hair trimmers. Anyone have any suggestions on a brand that works? I know there are others on this site that have had to deal with this battle, so please, don't be shy. Which nose hair trimmers are good? Not so good? Is it possible to get laser hair removal in one's nostrils? Does it hurt?

Also, how about that hair that suddenly begins to grow in and around your ears like some new kind of shrub? What do you do about that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,843 • Replies: 17
No top replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:40 am
My wife bought me something called a personal trimmer. It works wonders. I hve no idea what brand it is, but I will take a pic of it if that will help you.

There is no dignity in aging...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:46 am
Thanks. I'm so sick of yanking the nasty little bastards out with either a tweezers, or, if I'm feeling impatient, my fingers. Ouch!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:59 am
Here ya go Kicky. http://www.personalshavers.com/?1349
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 12:53 pm
Kicky, I'd like to thank you for your attention to unwanted hairs. It's one of those things I hate to mention to my man. I do have to trim his eyebrows when they get out of control....

I work with this one guy who has so much ear hair that it grows in his earlobes.

Personal trimmers all around!
I think I saw one that works on ear hair too...
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:02 pm
ear/nose trimmer, one even has a vacuum!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:10 pm
Kicky, several years ago, I learned the secret of how to completely and permanently remove both nasal and ear hair, in one fell swoop.

My barber let me in on the secret, and once the technique has been perfected, it's quite simple.

Take the tweezers and gently tease one solitary nasal hair until it is quite taut.

Now, if this hair is in your left nostril, it will be connected right up through the cavity in your upper jawbone, to a root located just inside your left ear.
This root also sends out another hair strand which sprouts out of the left ear, and if the root is teased gently, it will dislodge and pull the ear hair along with it.

So, gripping hard on the tweezers, pull the nasal hair very very slowly, so as not to snap it off.

Your eyes may water for a few seconds, but eventually, a strand of hair and root will emerge, measuring anything up to eight inches, depending on the size of your head.

Keep pulling slowly and persevere..... Will yourself through that pain barrier, and you will be nasally denuded forever, once you've repeated this procedure on all the other little blighters.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:25 pm
LE you should try that on pubic hair. Toughens the urethra......
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:32 pm
What a drag it is, getting old.
(click above)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:42 pm
Braid that ****! Then turn your cap sideways.

EVERYONE WILL BE JEALOUS.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 02:33 pm
Wow, some very insightful and interesting ideas. Now, all you who provided links to specific hair removal and grooming products--were these your personal favorites, or just links you found on google? I don't want to buy just any old unsightly hair removal device. I want something that really works! Personal anecdotes are welcome and invited.

And nobody answered my question about laser removal of excess nostril and ear hair. I really would consider that if it were an option. One shot and I never have to worry about it again. Beautiful. Maybe not as beautiful as braided nostril hair or the exquisite pain of the Lord Ellpus hair-removal system, but I like it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 02:49 pm
Heh heh...it is revenge magic from we women.....we have special camps in the woods every year where we focus upon visualizing into being the hair plague upon the menfolk....

We exempt from back hair the men who have been REALLY, REALLY good.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 03:20 am
I don't think that laser hair removal from nose is a good idea. It might damage the lining of yr nose, though I am not sure abt the earlobes (yet to worry abt THAT problem)

For my nasal hair I use a personal trimmer - I think it is Braun or Remington (don't remember which) but does wonders for my nasal hair !!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:27 am
dlowan wrote:
Heh heh...it is revenge magic from we women.....we have special camps in the woods every year where we focus upon visualizing into being the hair plague upon the menfolk....

I guess that explains my brother's receding hairline and the shrubbery growing wild from every possible orifice on his body. I believe his wife may be a witch. And not one of those good ones, like Glenda, either.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:33 am
Thanks, Prince! I'm getting grooming tips from a gay guy. Sweet! The women should be all over me in no time.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:35 am
I dont know if as a woman I should feel ashamed that I thought I could learn something from this thread.Will it show how hairy I am?!!

Basically pluck, shave or dissolve.Anything other than that, I avoid.

I wouldnt recomend laser hair removal.Theres no guarantee its permanent and it could leave discoloured skin, also I cant see them comfortably getting that implement they use nicely up a nostril.

For ease just get a good pair of tweezers and a very magnified mirror.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:36 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Kicky, several years ago, I learned the secret of how to completely and permanently remove both nasal and ear hair, in one fell swoop.

My barber let me in on the secret, and once the technique has been perfected, it's quite simple.

Take the tweezers and gently tease one solitary nasal hair until it is quite taut.

Now, if this hair is in your left nostril, it will be connected right up through the cavity in your upper jawbone, to a root located just inside your left ear.
This root also sends out another hair strand which sprouts out of the left ear, and if the root is teased gently, it will dislodge and pull the ear hair along with it.

So, gripping hard on the tweezers, pull the nasal hair very very slowly, so as not to snap it off.

Your eyes may water for a few seconds, but eventually, a strand of hair and root will emerge, measuring anything up to eight inches, depending on the size of your head.

Keep pulling slowly and persevere..... Will yourself through that pain barrier, and you will be nasally denuded forever, once you've repeated this procedure on all the other little blighters.

Good luck.

Yo, Lord...this is the funniest thing I have read in a very, very long time. Thanks.

I was going to suggest hedge clippers to Kicky...but remember, I know him!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:40 am
My husband asked for one those for Christmas a few years ago. He uses it to trim ear and nose. I bought him one from Brookstone - not sure the brand, but he is happy with it - not the most romantic, but it keeps him looking good.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hairy Nostrils
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 11:50:50