Do you remember me?

Pantalones

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 01:07 pm
Not sure what you mean exactly with the question, but I voted yes.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 01:08 pm
Pantalones wrote:
Not sure what you mean exactly with the question, but I voted yes.

It may be a "cry for help", pantalones.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:04 pm
I'm just bummed. Not desperate, just feeling a bit bummed (again). Sometimes things appear to be going great, and you're fuelled with new energy "yeah this year's gonna be it!" - thats probably part of it, actually, come to think of it, I started off the year with such inexplicable cheer, there was bound to be coming some kind of come-down. You know, when things turn out to be as part-time dreary or eh, challenging as they were before.

Aint nothing serious going on, not with me anyhow - actually overall I'm pretty contented these days - but sometimes you just feel - unloved, yeah, and you really kinda just need a hug. And when there isnt one forthcoming for the moment, I come trolling here instead for a bit of attention and what do they call it, positive reinforcement, yeah. And cheer. Sumthin'.

I admit it, I'm a vanity freakshow sometimes. But hey, at least I'm not too proud to ask ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:09 pm
so - do you remember me?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:09 pm
and I couldn't forget you if I tried ... we're doing choreography to another Habibi song
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:36 pm
Nimh, I vaguely remember you as being some kind of Dutchman, I think.

If I am correct, you can jolly well bugger off as you're not going to get a cuddle from me.

If, however, I am wrong, and you happen to be that young gymnast of the female variety, who started the "Hey, I can get both feet up behind my head" thread, I am completely at your service.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:46 pm
Nimh said:
Quote:
Aint nothing serious going on, not with me anyhow - actually overall I'm pretty contented these days - but sometimes you just feel - unloved, yeah, and you really kinda just need a hug

Nimh- what you just said reminded me of this poem I love. It's called "The Hug" and it's by Tess Gallagher. It just kind of comprehensively and quintisentially describes what a hug should be and do for people. (And don't feel like a freak show- we all feel as you do sometimes- or maybe not all of us- but I do anyway, and I ask for hugs - from certain people- all the time. Aint no shame in it).
This poem always makes me smile because it's the way I like to envision the world- and truly it could be - so, so easily- if we would only allow it...and like you said, if people could only feel free to ask for what they need from each other.
(It's a long one- so I won't post it, but you should be able to find it pretty easily, if you're interested in reading it. I guarantee it will make you smile).

*I can't really say I remember you, because I don't really know you, but from what I've read of you, if I did know you- I feel sure you'd be someone I'd remember and fondly at that. You seem like a nice guy.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:54 pm
nimh wrote:
"yeah this year's gonna be it!"

I gave up on those 20 years ago. Sad
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:01 pm
Reyn wrote:
nimh wrote:

That makes me sad.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:03 pm
((((((((((((((nimh))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((reyn))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:05 pm
_Heatwave_ wrote:

((((((((((young female gymnast)))))))))))))
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:05 pm
Never give up! There's hope as long as you continue to pursue a goal. Giving up is not an option if you have desires and wants, even when it looks hopeless.

I speak from personal experience.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:06 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
_Heatwave_ wrote:

((((((((((young female gymnast)))))))))))))

Laughing
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 05:06 pm
nimh,
You will be encouraged to know that your name came up on a Super Bowl thread. We are trying to create a statistical analysis of predictions made by A2Kers for the upcoming Super Bowl.

Nimh Needed For A2K Super Bowl Pool
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:36 pm
Ha ha! Yes, J_B already kindly warned me too <smiles> But alas, I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the Super Bowl!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:49 pm
Nimh is a serious mentor/cohort for me at the same time I watch myself being obnoxious to him and others, often by mistake but not always.

Trust me, bube, you are cherished. What other word can I use for bube?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:11 pm
I remember you. Shocked
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 10:16 pm
_Heatwave_ wrote:
Reyn wrote:
nimh wrote:

That makes me sad.

It's a fact of life.

One either learns to accept it or let events depress the heck out of you. I find as one gets older, I expect less and less out of my life.....and what's left of it.

Being realistic and trying not to worry about it all is my way of coping.

I remember when I was in my 20s, I had such great expectations and high hopes for the future. All that does is build you up for a big let-down.

Let's face it, life sucks....and then you die.

Thanks for the hug though. One of the few things anymore that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:13 pm
If I remember correctly, nimh used to live in northern Europe, a place that's about the most liberal on the continent called Amsterdam, but migrated down south to a place that has a split personality of a city called Buda and Pest. Been to both places several times, but I'm not sure which place holds more magnetism as a destination.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:19 pm
This may be usefull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:17:28