A2K Performing Badly Still

cyphercat

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 11:58 pm
dlowan wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/rcswick21/hamster.jpg

Awww! That li'l' hammie is SO cute!

But when did cjhsa start training a team to take on Gunga's armed kitties?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:21 am
ehBeth wrote:
I've been forced to get a life.

Get a what? Must be some Canadian thing.

I'm beginning to doubt it's the RAM. I visit A2K in the (German) morning when there is little traffic, and in the (German) evening when there is much traffic. Sometimes A2K crawls like a snail, sometimes it works just fine. If there is a correlation between traffic and speed, it is weak. That's not what I'd expect if RAM was the problem.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:13 am
I think we are being disprupted by and observed by some sort of government agency....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:18 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I think we are being disprupted by and observed by some sort of government agency....

Personally, I think that all the problems are coming out of Area 51. You just can't trust them illegal aliens! Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:24 am
I think an army of covert bunnies with sonic disrupters inserted in their asses have been dispatched all over the world. Look for the ones with the funny walk and the dreamy look in their eyes....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:33 am
slowness only happens when gus is on.

I have been monitoring this.

I think the hamsters are skeert of him.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:34 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Okay, let's put this to a test. Let's see what happens if I feed A2K with lots of keywords that government agencies like to read.

Al-Quaeda, dirty bomb, nuclear weapons, terrorism, anthrax, TNT, boxcutters, airplanes.

Greetings, Thomas.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:39 am
I all dem amreecans (Indian pronunciation of Americans) - during my day in UK it works pretty well....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:42 am
Thomas wrote:
That's not what I'd expect if RAM was the problem.

Might be because the release two from prison?

Oops. That was RAF, not RAM Embarrassed
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:09 am
Thomas wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Okay, let's put this to a test. Let's see what happens if I feed A2K with lots of keywords that government agencies like to read.

Al-Quaeda, dirty bomb, nuclear weapons, terrorism, anthrax, TNT, boxcutters, airplanes.

Greetings, Thomas.

well hell, now you've done it.... and on one of my threads too... hey wait a minute what's that no
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:16 am
It's been doing pretty well this morning.
Uh-oh, I hope I haven't jinxed it!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:54 am
What you said.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:49 pm
Thomas wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Greetings, Thomas.

You forgot Canadian border. :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 10:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Greetings, Thomas.

well hell, now you've done it.... and on one of my threads too... hey wait a minute what's that no

Uhoh. Anyone seen Bi-Polar since that post?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:59 am
Thomas wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
I've been forced to get a life.

Get a what? Must be some Canadian thing.

I'm beginning to doubt it's the RAM. I visit A2K in the (German) morning when there is little traffic, and in the (German) evening when there is much traffic. Sometimes A2K crawls like a snail, sometimes it works just fine. If there is a correlation between traffic and speed, it is weak. That's not what I'd expect if RAM was the problem.

RAM usage by MySQL isn't primarily related to the database traffic but the database size. As MySQL is being used temporary tables are created, additionally the database data itself can be stored in RAM (partially or fully, even across a cluster).

I'm not entirely certain RAM will solve it, but from past experience it has been RAM and the I/O of the disks that netted performance gain and CPU hasn't been a huge factor since we went to dual processor servers.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 05:15 am
I'm not quite clear about what that means, Craven, but I guess others will understand.

Anyway, A2K seems pretty speedy right now.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 07:24:05