Clorox Liquid Gel

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:04 pm
I bought a 1/2 gallon of this stuff, and that's enough. I've used the brand for decades, but this new stuff is a gooey looking clotted mess. Actually, it looks like snot. Really, I felt like I was dumping a cup of snot into the washing machine, and have been somewhat uncomfortable wearing the clothes that came out, even though they did seem clean enough. Nasty lookin stuff.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 520 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:14 pm
Ah Rog, perception is all. I have not even seen the gel, but would be loath to buy any product that looks like snot!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:18 pm
But that's just it, Phoenix. You don't know till you get it home and go to use it. Those bottles are not opaque without reason.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:20 pm
Hey Rog, the guys at Clorox are not stupid. I can just imagine an ad campaign.

"The snot that cleans your clothes"! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:26 pm
Well, I just hope the google "Clorox Liquid Snot" before they get too committed to this turkey. Uh, it's supposed to be splashless, which is good, but still. . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:32 pm
I LIKE splashless. I have a number of shirts that bear the marks of the non-splashless Clorox.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:46 pm
Roger, is it possible that you got a bottle that went bad?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:48 pm
Sure is, JL. It's also possible the person filling it had a really bad cold that day.

Really, I don't think Clorox goes bad. I mean, what's going to get to it? Bacteria?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:50 pm
roger wrote:
Sure is, JL. It's also possible the person filling it had a really bad cold that day.

Really, I don't think Clorox goes bad. I mean, what's going to get to it? Bacteria?

Rog- That is a wonderful idea for a government study. Checking the bacterial content of Clorox. It sounds just like the sort of thing that the government spends our good tax money on! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:53 pm
Oh, excellent, Phoenix. You know, the copper pit in Butte, MT is filled with water toxic beyond belief, and has the same acidity as bottled vinegar. It also has bacteria, and yes, they are studying it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:04 pm
I've never used Clorox in my wash.
That stuff is nasty smelling and too acidic for me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:18 pm
Yeah, and now it doesn't just smell nasty. It looks that way, too.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:40 pm
Just toss it, roger, but don't put it down the drain, your pipes could
get damaged.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 06:27 am
Jane- I only use Clorox when I wash my towels. Otherwise I use either just detergent in my clothes, or occasionally, a powdered non-chlorine bleach.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 10:34 am
Why do you use clorox for the towels, Phoenix?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 10:44 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Why do you use clorox for the towels, Phoenix?

For some reason (I have never figured out why), my towels tend to get grungy looking, even if I wash them often. Clorox deals with that problem nicely.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 10:52 am
roger wrote:

Sure it does. That's why the bottles aren't clear. And who know's the half-life of the snotifyer. Shocked
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 04:15 pm
Snotifyer, huh? I wondered how they did that. I guess there's no going back to the days when they made it smell like lemonade.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 04:33 pm
I rarely see the need to bleach anything but mold (aka, mould) in northern coastal California. With various wretched spots on my already non-costly clothes, given my thrift shoppe buying habits - and before you roll eyes, that's where I got my Armani and Lanvin and St. Laurent, but mostly zero named stuff - I'll give oxy-clean a chance, and that has worked great, the rare times I've tried it. Kara is the one that clued me in on that somewhere in the nethers of a2k.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Clorox Liquid Gel
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:09:24