Tucking in Electric blankets

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 04:41 pm
Does it damage an electric blanket to tuck it in under the mattress?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,029 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:29 pm
The newer blankets have a strip at the bottom without wiring that can be tucked in.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:06 pm
So I gather that not all are safe to tuck; they may bend/break the wires?

How is Mr Noddy doing these days? I think of you and of Phoenix a lot.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:21 pm
Unless it's designed for it, don't tuck it in. I think it's an overheating problem, because the caution you to use the blanket as the topmost cover, rather than under other blankets.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:32 pm
Roger is right about the problem being one of overheating.

Tomkitten--

Thank you for your concern. One of Mr. Noddy's coping mechanisms is to interrupt conversation as often as he can to "prove" he knows what I'll be saying next.

More often than not, he's wrong. Further, having taught both toddlers and teenagers that interrupting is Wicked, Wicked, Wicked, I find this little habit very hard to endure.

I've been very patient...very, very patient for several years now. This week I'm snapping every time he interrupts and feel must better now that I'm not carrying all that festering resentment.

Also, he's interrupting less frequently.

Coping mechanisms can be more difficult to live with than the mental gaps they are designed to cover up.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:26 pm
cant stand tucked. It makes my feet point in weird directions and Im afraid my big toe will break out into the wiring of the blanket and Ill be electrocuted. Ive thought of this scenario alot. You dont want to do it. Its too dangerous, Please be safe.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:31 pm
****ing in electric blankets.

thats novel

and an interesting take on energy conservation.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 04:07 pm
Steve, I believe that the thread title reads "Tucking", with a T
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:23 pm
Noddy - as any physicist will tell you, every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

I don't think an electric blanket will be of much use for us, after all; my husband is a bit nervous of all the wiring, and I prefer the heavy weight of two or three ordinary blankets anyway. He doesn't like this, so I solved that problem by cutting one really big blanket in half, which I use in two layers (so I can kick one off if I'm too hot) and using another very thin one, folded over, on top for me also. He gets the basic blanket and another thin one.

Of course, another major problem with all this is that Bob has no thatch on top, so loses a great deal of heat during the night. So I got him a nightcap from LL Bean, and when he gets too cold, he dons it. Those Victorians (and all the earlier types) knew a thing or two...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:56 pm
Tomkitten--

Mr. Noddy loves his electric blanket which he sets on Toast. I'm one for layered blankets, myself.

So clever of the manufacturers to come up with dual controls.

The interruption rate has dropped dramatically. I guess "subtle" is no longer a technique for change in these parts.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 06:17 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Steve, I believe that the thread title reads "Tucking", with a T
Dont be ridiculous, who would do such a thing?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tucking in Electric blankets
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:36:03