Joe Nation and Eva -- What the hell is the story?

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:33 pm
Joe mentioned on another thread that he knew Eva from way back. How does he know her?

When he says way back he certainly isn't referring to the Dust Bowl, is he? I didn't think Eva was old enough to have lived through that nightmarish experience, but some people age well, so I suppose she may have.

So, while these country folk were fleeing the land of dust and headed west in an optimistic, but delusional fashion, did Joe show up from the big city in an altruistic fashion, and while he was assisting the loading of a wagon and hoisting a barrel of flour on the back, near some pickles and and old rocking chair, Eva came walking around the corner in her sack cloth dress, her golden blonde hair now ashen with dust, and the two of them gazed at each other and sparks flew almost instantly.

They had a torrid affair, beginning that night, and then, the next day... she was gone.

Joe wiped a tear from his eye as he watched the departing wagon with a waving Eva perched in the seat of the aforementioned rocking chair.

They never thought they would meet again.

But then, one fateful day on A2K, Eva showed. And, again, they were whole. They were one.

But that's just speculation on my part.

Does anyone know how those two A2k miscreants know each other?

Let's have the dirt.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 461 • Replies: 6
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:43 pm
I believe they were insiders during the Watergate scandal. It is rumored that one of them is actually "Deep Throat."
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:55 pm
As far as I know, they shagged up in Oklahoma City one night in Billy Bob's Tavern, after a fierce tornado hit a trailer park nearby, and the roads were closed for further traffic.

They vouched to meet there every year to commemorate their friendship,
however in recent years, traveling seemed more difficult and so they
decided to meet at a2k instead.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:01 pm
I heard they were on the Titanic together. Eva was supposed to marry some rich guy and Joe was Joe (common man) Nation.

When the ship went down they were seperated.

Somewhere is that nude drawing that Joe did of Eva. I think Geraldo has it.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:08 pm
Yep, they've aged beautifully, but those covered wagons are damn hard to handle on Route 10 heading east and don't even think about heading north on Route 95. Those damn Easterners are vicious, I tell you, viciousl

Too bad Joe became a big New York city slicker and Eva eventually returned to Oklahoma from California where the movie producers kept trying to seduce her into performing silent movies for them. She met John Steinbeck and rode back to OK with John and his Charlie. Good company but no one could ever replace her very own Joe. Now they corresponde and yearn for each other, but Homeland Security always listens to their conversations because of the flash of electricity that comes flaring down the wired. That can be just a little inhibiting, don'tchaknow.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:39 pm
Who, me?

I'm just sitting here all alone, watching a hawk making lazy circles in the sky.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:43 pm
I don't want to say the eva and joe are old, but they were sweethearts back in the day and this is their prom picture...

http://www.nachtanz.org/Couple.gif
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Joe Nation and Eva -- What the hell is the story?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:16:30