Do you like amusement parks?

nimh

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 07:19 pm
Quote:
our Friday Rock Concerts featuring Kim Wilde, INXS, Bonnie Raitt, Kool & The Gang and The Pointer Sisters

tho i guess there's reasons to stay away from tivoli too, heh ;-)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 07:41 pm
I can't do the parks. I'm the guy that is busy puking all over everyone else on the rides.

When I was in grade school we had an annual class trip to an amusement park (which is now a part of the Six Flags chain) and I spent my day playing skee-ball and eating to much junk.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 07:49 pm
fishin', I like playing skee-ball. You ever win those big prize? c.i.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 07:56 pm
Nah. A tiny stuffed animal or maybe a cheapo watch or compass or something. I took my daughter to place that had skee-ball a few years ago and I started playing and she got hooked on it but she's better at it than I ever was.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 08:33 pm
The largest and most amazing amusement park I've ever been to
is called Earth. There is so much to see and do, that I just want to stay
here my whole life and keep going on more rides!

You have to avoid the lines though, and go where people are scarce,
to find the hills and runs, the windy roads and flowing streams.
Riding in the rain or falling down a snowy mountain,
coughing in an ocean wave or dancing in the desert sun.
I don't know any cotton candy sweet as the love of each moment
stretched across the elements, the animals, trees,
and the deep, fertile Earth.

Sometimes a nap in the grass is all I need.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 08:38 pm
Never had good eye-hand coordination, but the game is to 'beat yourself,' so it was kind of enjoyable. One of our local shopping centers has a video arcade with skee-ball, so I play once in awhile. c.i.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 07:06 am
<smiles> I said they're good once in a while. I love the rides - hate the crowds.

stasia
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 08:22 am
I don't find fighting nausea to be very amusing!

I went to a State Fair with several friends once. They wanted to ride a big wooden roller coaster - I volunteered to hold cameras and purses. The ride came to a halt at the very top and everyone had to climb down the scaffolding! I took lots of pictures with their cameras... Very Happy
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 09:28 am
I love roller coasters and haunted houses and theme rides. But sadly, I am so fat at present that I cannot fit in most rollercoasters & etc.
I look forward to the day when I can go to Cedar Point & Kennywood & Coney Island and ride some of the famous coasters.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 09:41 am
Skeeball rules.

I love 'em, love the big rides, the big drops, though usually after the first couple of trips they've gotten kind of old and the pleasure becomes one of knowing what's coming next.

Favorite rides include: Shockwave at the Great America outside Chicago (great ride at night, long and smooth, not at all jerky, nice big loops); Nitro at Six Flags in New Jersey (230 foot first drop, and a nice surprise drop after the camelbacks); and, oddly enough, Kong at Marine World in Vallejo, CA -- went there on a weekday at the beginning of the school year and the place was abandon, operators would just run the ride over and over again until you wanted to get off because there were no lines. Got to meet their poor imprisoned Orca Sunny, who wasn't doing a show that day and whose trainer didn't mind that we'd snuck in to take a peek. The bond between trainer and whale was impressive -- they were absolute buddies, but seeing her in that tank was sad.

But I digress. Haven't had a chance to go to Magic Mountain outside LA since they put in Goliath. 290 foot first drop, the last 15 feet of which is underground. Thing of beauty, that.

So, yeah, I likea the big rides. The rest of it -- all the commerce and cartoon tie-ins and all that shite -- can rot.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 09:03 am
I like to be scared - that's why I like thrill rides. I like the adrenaline rush - I know being terrified, knowing it's perfectly safe - other people have done it before - but I still get so scared ... (I am talking specifically about those rides where they just take you up really high and then drop you. I LOVE those!)

I think ... yeah - it's a very physically involving kind of activity. For fun I usually read books or something - something to involve myself in intellectually. Thrill rides speak to my emotions.

I think that's why they're so appealing.

stasia
0 Replies