Instead of Counting Sheep

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 01:15 pm
What do you think about before you fall asleep?

Do you tell yourself stories?

Count Sheep?

Breath rhythmically?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 12
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 01:18 pm
Well..thres something that does get me tired enough to not have to count sheep or anything but, I usually dont share those things Wink

Actually I have troubles sleeping....I do just about anything to get to sleep...count sheep, play solitare, drink heavily....it all depends what day it is really.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 01:27 pm
Talk to God. Give thanks for the good things, discuss areas I need direction, ask for peace or health or whatever people I know need. Apologize for my shortcomings, at least the ones I'm aware of. Pray for my family and loved ones.... Praise God for who and what He is to me.

This is soothing to me. It sort of cuts me off from worries, straighten me up with God, and makes me feel close to the people I discuss with Him.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 01:44 pm
i turn on the CBC and listen to the codfish future reports for Newfoundland. Works all the time.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 01:59 pm
The baseline from "Tell the Truth" by Otis Redding always works. No idea why. I focus on that, it regulates my breathing, and I'm in the land of Nod. (Just realized that this question is especially approrpriate coming from you, Noddy.)

I'm freakish in my ability to fall asleep anywhere at any time. I was traveling in Europe by train overnight, and the woman I was traveling with couldn't get comfortable on her half of the padded bench. So I just got down on the floor (clean, but the FLOOR, of a moving TRAIN) and still slept better than her. (Of course, being awakened from a deep sleep and doing a slow pan from boots to grumpy German train guy face, and then face emitting a string of incomprehensible German which was eventually decoded as a demand for passports, was not exactly restful.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:30 pm
Stories, usually - or A2K, like I am now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:33 pm
Sleeping next to a purring cat is very effective, I've found! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:16 pm
I'm a story teller myself.

I have seven or eight plot lines going and enjoy selecting the Adventure of the Evening while I'm dealing with the dogs and winding the cuckoo clock and brushing my teeth.

Every night I'm quite wistful that this time the story might continue through dreams, but I'm rarely that lucky.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:56 pm
Of late, I've been so flat out that I have no problems at all. Just grab myself a big handful of Mrs. SealPoet, and nighty-nite!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:52 pm
All I have to do is turn on my sleeping pill. The good old idiot box. The best sleep aid ever developed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 03:51 pm
Some of us are up in the wee hours of the morning, posting on A2K. What sheep? c.i.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 12:21 pm
The Mighty Quinn wrote, in part:

"Well..there's something that does get me tired enough to not have to count sheep or anything but, I usually don't share those things..."

Precisely! "Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms" ...
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 02:30 pm
The absolute best soporific I have ever encountered (I am not kidding) is to read Greek Drama. I have never been able to read more than a page or two before I am asleep.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Instead of Counting Sheep
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:01:23