Posting is like playing the slots at AC

au1929

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:29 am
Posting on A2K can only be likened to playing the slots at Atlantic City. Some times you win but not very often. From the can not find the site or critical error to whatever and be told to sign in over and over again.In addition to find in some instances postings that supposedly did not get posted being posted twice. Don't mind me I am just venting my frustration.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 467 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:31 am
I hear ya! The difference is, unlike playing in Atlantic City, the price is right! Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:34 am
Posting on A2K can only be likened to playing the slots at Atlantic City. Some times you win but not very often. From the can not find the site or critical error to whatever and be told to sign in over and over again.In addition to find in some instances postings that supposedly did not get posted being posted twice. Don't mind me I am just venting my frustration.
Finally, when I CAN get to post, I usually find I'm too late and someone has already covered what I was going to say.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:35 am
Re: Posting is like playing the slots at AC
au1929 wrote:

It is so frustrating, but I believe in the Craven Hamster's genius to reinvent A2K to be wonderful again.

BBB
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:39 am
I suspect Craven has lost interest in A2K. He rarely posts here anymore.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:09 pm
I've made a habit of composing my posts using Notepad and then pasting them into the response window before clicking on submit. This prevents the tedious frustration of losing the post due to another A2K problem.

They seem to appear like clockwork every 25 to 30 minutes while logged in to A2K, except late at night when there is little traffic. It is smooth sailing then.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:28 pm
Nick,

Instead of accusing Craven, who bears the burden of this place years on end, personally and financially, of losing interest, when he's developing new and interesting stuff for the site...

all free to you...

why don't you just review some of the many threads here that relate to the development of the site.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:33 pm
ossobuco you are correct, of course. Sometimes I post without thinking. A thousand lashes to me (in a less painful, figurative type of way).
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:42 am
I thought the problems I was having here were a glitch in my computer. Not sure I'd go so far as to say that it's nice to know that I'm not the only person who has to sign in several times a day. But it's a bit of a comfort.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 06:53 am
NickFun wrote:
I suspect Craven has lost interest in A2K. He rarely posts here anymore.

From what I know of Craven, I don't think that he is a "social butterfly". I believe that his interests lie in the technical end of A2K.

Personally, I think that he has done a fantastic job, on a shoestring. He did what the New York Times, with all their financial resources, could not do. IMO, he is an amazing person! Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:02 am
Craven is the greatest. He has provided us a world within the world, unique and unable to be duplicated elsewhere.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:22 am
Craven
edgarblythe wrote:
Craven is the greatest. He has provided us a world within the world, unique and unable to be duplicated elsewhere.

I agree. When I moved from California to Albuquerque where I didn't know anyone, A2K created a new friend resource that made the transition easier.

Thanks, Craven.

BBB
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:59 pm
NickFun wrote:
A thousand lashes to me (in a less painful, figurative type of way).

There is NO way you could keep up with a thousand of her, Nick. I suspect one or two would be enough to run you ragged.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Posting is like playing the slots at AC
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:27:41