what would you do if you won 1$

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:05 pm
Some ass called me poopithead, I won't stand for that.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:23 pm
Excuse me, Setanta is not an ass, he is a keen observer of human nature.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:27 pm
I thought it was me who called him a poopity head. Schniff.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:29 pm
Is this all about chocolate?

NO.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:34 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Some ass called me poopithead, I won't stand for that.

Well - sit down then!@ <poopity head!>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:37 pm
Mame, I am old, quite by surprise. And the surprise to the rest of you, is that it isn't all that far from there to here.

I just turned 65. I'm a complete mess, and would elaborate on that except that it's too depressing. On the other hand, I've been lively through my life and am still go ahead verbal.

don't anyone treat me as an age crip. The secret is.... we are not all so far apart, teen to me now.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:38 pm
If I played the lottery and if I won a dollar I would change that dollar into two rolls of pennies. And I would park outside a very busy 7-11 and I would lay out perhaps five or six of the coins in the parking lot.
And I would watch.
How many people would walk past and over them without seeing them.
How many people would see them but bending over was too much bother.
How many people would take the time to stop, pick it up, and put it in their pocket.
That is what I would do if I won the lottery.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:42 pm
Ah, well, logic shows up, I'm outta here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:45 pm
A buck?

In U.S. money?

Okey - I'll buy one of the giant pixie sticks and go for a total sugar high.

~~~~~~~

In real life <sensible music plays>, I sometimes buy the 3 for a buck packages of sesame snaps and eat one on my way to class. Good energy.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:48 pm
(oops, sorry, I didn't realize that this thread had degenerated so much. By the way, where did the spelling of "poopityhead" come from? I always thought it was "poopyhead.")
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:56 pm
If I won a dollar I would take it with me on one of my winter walks. I walk three miles a day to keep off the winter pudge and I usually take my dog with me. At the 1/2 way point is a little rural deli that sells good coffee. I would buy the coffee with my own money and with the extra dollar I would buy my dog 2 very large dog biscuits that the deli owner sells in a big glass jar on the counter. My dog knows these are dog biscuits, he always eyes the jar. I think $1 for two biscuits is too expensive, so I bring him his own treats in my pocket. As he chews his regular biscuits he always glances over at that big glass jar full of giant biscuits. So with my $1 winnings I would buy my dog a set of those fancy biscuits. Of course, if I did this just once he would expect dog biscuits from that glass jar every time we went back to the deli. I would end up feeling really guilty, as my dog would forever after make sad eyes at me and then at the glass jar and then back at me and so on. Eventually that one dollar would cost me hundreds of dollars in dog biscuits. I don't think I want to win a dollar anymore.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:03 pm
Nice story, Green Witch. Being rich can get expensive.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:04 pm
Re: what would you do if you won 1$
dyslexia wrote:
......so I bought a Reeses pieces.

Was that supper?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:28 pm
Re: what would you do if you won 1$
Surprise! I'm heeeere!

Thanks Diane. :wink:

dyslexia wrote:
I read some dingbats topic about winning a million $ so I went down to the quick-step easy-swipe store and bought one of those scratch lotto tickets and I won 1$ so I bought a Reeses pieces.

Shocked You got reeses pieces for $1! They're a buck and change here!

Ok now dys, I happen to like you so I'm gonna try not to lay it on too thick here. However, I must say:

You call ME a dingbat for wanting to win a million, but you go buy a dollar lotto ticket! Heh... You just don't want to admit the power I have over you do ya dys? :wink: Hey... you know I WAS going to buy you a new hat when I won, but now I'll just have to think about that a bit...

ossobuco wrote:
Hi, Diane!

Heph expresses her thoughts freely, which is good. I like her a lot. Don't make funnaher, you poopity head.

Osso, you're my hero. Mr. Green

dyslexia wrote:
Ok so it was Hepi who wanted to win the million and save all the pretty horses. I've had horses and I've had mules. You can get the atention of mules with a 2 x 4 across the head, horses, on the other hand.

You just don't have the magic touch with horses dys. You know... they say pets learn most of their character traits from their owners. :wink:

Just a thought...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:41 pm
Hi Dingbat!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:45 pm
Howdy 2packs. Very Happy

Finally... someone broke the silence.

Whew...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 11:18 pm
Don't worry about silence this time of night.

Worry about it in the morning...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 11:53 pm
Good point osso. I forget sometimes other people actually LIKE to sleep. Hehe...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 12:31 am
If I won a dollar I'd put it in the Wheel of Fortune slot machine in Vegas!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 06:06 am
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but through free association, this gem came up. There is an ad on TV. It shows a guy who is sitting on a tiny island, with a chimp by his side. The voice over says something like, "If you want to avoid colds this winter, spend six months on an island by yourself", or some such thing.

At that point, the chimp sneezes all over him. Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:36:54