So what did I miss?

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:13 pm
Since there are about a zillion and one posts since last I was here and it would take me a year and a half to get through them all, I figured I'd cheat and ask for help. What's been happening around here????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,071 • Replies: 34
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:17 pm
Uh, a lot. Shocked

What's been going on with YOU, though? Weddings...?

(I'll think more about encapsulating what's been going on here... back in a sec...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:21 pm
OK so we moved -- twice? At least once, to a new server. The site just keeps growin' and growin' at a breakneck pace. It's been great to see all the newbies. A lot of the "newbies", in the sense of found this place on their own rather than coming from Abuzz, have been fantastic additions to the community -- CodeBorg, Eva and Butrflynet come to mind, but there are a lot more, and I also get confused now about who arrived when and from where. (LibertyD, for example... she was at Abuzz, no? BBB?)

Anyway, lots of new people, which is fantastic.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:22 pm
Just gave you an update on the recipe post, but will eagerly repeat. My daughter got married yesterday and I'm suffering from post-wedding blues (no more hectic running around stuff at the moment). Son's wedding isn't until mid August. Our house is in contract and we're in contract to buy a house in PA. We'll be moving sometime in August (hopefully right after son's wedding). Other than that not much has been going on. And thank you for asking, sozobe!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:24 pm
Yes, I just saw the update. Embarrassed I've been thinking about you, and am glad to see you back!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:28 pm
greetings bandylu2 and congratulations on acquiring a new son in law.. Smile
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:29 pm
I've been reading some of the posts and apparently there are some 'regulars' who've changed their screen names, too, which is going to thoroughly confuse me, especially when added to all the new members. Oh, well, it will make it more interesting.

To answer your question on the recipe post -- the wedding was positively beautiful and, of course, it made me cry. Unfortunately we had some rain so the ceremony wasn't outdoors as planned, but it was still quite lovely. And my daughter looked so positively elegant and everything else went so smoothly that I can't complain.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:30 pm
Yay!

And rain is supposed to be good luck...

If you're confused about old timers' name changes, drop me a PM and I'll bring you up to speed (best I can... I get confused, too.)
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:33 pm
Hi, BP. How are you? Actually thought about you yesterday in your DJ capacity and all the help you gave me way back when the wedding plans were just beginning.

Kind of weird thinking of myself as a mother-in-law. Not sure I like that!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:34 pm
Welcome back Bandylu! Wow, what were your kids thinking?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:35 pm
sozobe, I'm kinda hoping people will take pitty on me and let me know who they were/are when I run into them here and there. Either that or I become suddenly good at guessing!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:38 pm
Hi, littlek. That's precisely what I said -- and what my daughter said when son decided to get married just two months after she did (particularly since she had started planning her wedding two years earlier and they didn't set the date till early this year).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:48 pm
Hey there Bandylu :-) (Gezzy here).

Sorry if the name change is confusing, but I needed a change ;-)
Haven't seen you in so long. We missed you. Sounds like you've been very busy and will continue to be through the summer. Congrats on your new son-inlaw and soon to be daughter-inlaw. Are you excited about your move?

It's always a pleasure to see you :-D
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:52 pm
Hi gezzy/Montana! And where did the Montana come from? Your change was the one I ran across on another post so I knew about it but probably would have (and still may) forgot it by tomorrow, no doubt.

I'm thrilled about the move, today at least. Will be sad to leave son behind here on LI as well as miscellaneous other relatives and friends. But we really need to get away -- psychologically and financially. This place is outrageously expensive. And we're not moving all that far away (about a 2-1/2 hr. drive from here) so we are expecting lots of visitors.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:52 pm
Damn, boys will be boys......
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:56 pm
Ain't that the truth. Actually they've been together for three years now and I suspect they may have decided they'd like to start a family so the wedding idea is a good one. I have been quite modern in my acceptance of my offspring living with their significant others before marriage (in fact, I think it's a pretty good idea), but I do appreciate their making it official prior to bringing any grandchildren into the world for my benefit.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 10:00 pm
bandylu2 wrote:
Hi gezzy/Montana! And where did the Montana come from? Your change was the one I ran across on another post so I knew about it but probably would have (and still may) forgot it by tomorrow, no doubt.

I'm thrilled about the move, today at least. Will be sad to leave son behind here on LI as well as miscellaneous other relatives and friends. But we really need to get away -- psychologically and financially. This place is outrageously expensive. And we're not moving all that far away (about a 2-1/2 hr. drive from here) so we are expecting lots of visitors.

Actually, my nickname has been Gezzy since I was 13 and I just felt I needed a change. Montana is a charactor in a program I watch. She's a cowgirl and I always thought she was a lot like me, so here I am ;-)

I'm so glad that you're excited about your move. I think everyone needs to move every so many years just for a change.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 10:03 pm
Since we've been here in this house for 21 years, I guess I'm a wee bit overdue. It is totally amazing what stuff one can accumulate over 21 years. My poor daughter came home from grad school to prepare for her wedding and spent a good deal of her time sorting through her lifetime accumulation.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 10:08 pm
Oh, how I know how that is. We lived in the same house even longer than that before we made the move to Canada and I couldn't believe all the stuff we had. I ran across all kinds of things that I didn't even remember I had. Phew!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 10:17 pm
Well, for a few short weeks I had more posts than Bandylu. Oh well.

It's good to see you back.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So what did I miss?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 11:53:49