So who gets THIS dollar?

Chai

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:26 pm
So

I go to the drug store yesterday and buy some stuff.
I use a $1.00 coupon on one of the items.

I get home and realize it wasn't the product I needed.

So

Today while driving by the same store I go in to return the item.
The cashier, who I'd never seen there before, was some really snotty teenager. Started giving me the third degree why I was returning the item. She jabs her snotty finger at the -$1.00 and accuses me of using a coupon to buy the product.

I cracked under pressure and admitted...."YES! YES I did! I used a ....... coupon!"

She then had to, as she put it...."Make it very clear to you that I can refund this item for you, put I will NOT return the $1.00 you were discounted, as you did NOT pay that dollar."

I asked her if she thought I made my living by purchasing and returning items all over the city, keeping the coupon money.

She actually said..."That wouldn't surprise me"

So.....

I just thought of this, and realized...

On every coupon it says in the fine print something about the store being reimbursed for the value of the coupon, plus 8 cents or something for handling.

So...
Wasn't that coupon as good as a dollar bill?

That snot returned my money, minus a dollar AND the store cashed in the coupon.....it's like they made 2 bucks off my return.

Well, at least 1 buck.

Maybe I should make my living like this.

anyone.....?

anyone.....?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 720 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Eva

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:39 pm
You should have demanded that she return your coupon.

(That might've made her brain explode. Laughing )
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:40 pm
The best way to rake in ill-gotten gains is to team up with a small business owner. You collect all sorts of coupons. S/he mails them in for redemption.

Be sure that you find a partner of sufficient intelligence to eschew redeeming coupons for more items than he's bought--and to limit redemption for brands that he actually sell.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:42 pm
comments like "That wouldn't surprise me" have been known to get snotty cashiers fired...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:00 pm
Eva wrote:
You should have demanded that she return your coupon.

(That might've made her brain explode. Laughing )

yeah....that would have been great. Laughing

"ok, well just go on back and find my coupon, and we can do business. And it better be the same coupon honey, because I mark all of mine with a code known only to me and my assistant Roland."

RP....she'll be gone soon, I thought I'd leave the fun to someone else to get her canned.

Noddy....so, interested in some bootleg Mr. Clean coupons? I've also got a few left for Clairol nice n' easy.

but seriously folks....they did keep that dollar, right?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:13 pm
Couldn't they let you just exchange the item you bought for the one you intended to buy?

Anyway, I agree that the snot should be fired. There was no excuse for her to talk to you that way.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:17 pm
Maybe she could get a job working for the same IHOP that charged shewolfie's husband $10,000 for a cup of coffee.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:20 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Couldn't they let you just exchange the item you bought for the one you intended to buy?

naw, that's not the point...I just wonder about the math.

that's just a dollar less I'll tip someone.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:29 pm
Yeah, it sucks. Welcome to Customer Service in the 21st century...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:30 pm
Re: So who gets THIS dollar?
Chai Tea wrote:
On every coupon it says in the fine print something about the store being reimbursed for the value of the coupon, plus 8 cents or something for handling.

So...
Wasn't that coupon as good as a dollar bill?

The coupons here have something in fine print about their cash value being something like 1/8 of a cent ... and the store has to provide proof that the product made it out of the store.

So if they hand in 8 coupons and can only prove 7 items were sold (through the salesman's inventory) - they get credit for selling 7 items, not 8. Could well be different there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:33 pm
The customer is always right - even when they're half wrong. The scene created by that clerk was not even worth $1. Rather than arguing with the clerk, you should demand to see the manager. They usually give the benefit to the customer - for a whole buck. Wink
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:54 pm
I don't know why this thread made me think of the cashiers at my works cafeteria. I work in a small hospital and eat in the cafeteria almost every week day wearing the same hospital issued scrubs. There is one cashier in particular who demands to see each employees badge before giving an employee discount. Sometimes I wonder why people take there jobs to that extreme. If your name badge is hanging backwards, she'll even reach up and turn it around. She has even discounted my lunch before, looked up, asked for my badge,I say oops I left it upstairs, and she deletes the 40 cent discount. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 07:04 pm
Some people do not have the ability to see greys; it's right or wrong. Many take simple issues to the extreme, because it makes them feel powerful.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:52 pm
Yeah, that's RIGHT! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:47 am
You should have grabbed the latest issue of US Weekly from the rack, pointed at Nicole Richie or Paris Hilton, and said, "Maybe if you looked more like these girls, you wouldn't be such a bitch. Now lose some weight, fatass."

That would have obliterated her bratty yet oh so delicate teenage psyche.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:11 am
Gargamel wrote:
You should have grabbed the latest issue of US Weekly from the rack, pointed at Nicole Richie or Paris Hilton, and said, "Maybe if you looked more like these girls, you wouldn't be such a bitch. Now lose some weight, fatass."

That would have obliterated her bratty yet oh so delicate teenage psyche.

ooohh yeah!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:17 am
Sounds like she's already cracked....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
I used to think I got nasty with people! Some of you got me beat by a mile. LOL
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 11:29 am
Down with the Man! Come on Chai! Are you gonna let the Man bend you over and give it to you like that? Take back the dollar!!! Screw the coupon company!!!!

WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 11:40 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Down with the Man! Come on Chai! Are you gonna let the Man bend you over and give it to you like that? Take back the dollar!!! Screw the coupon company!!!!

WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That's RIGHT!

I'll crack THEM open like a double barrel shotgun, and load both barrels!

I wants my money!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So who gets THIS dollar?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:26:32