I can't sleep

Treya

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 05:02 pm
I can't sleep

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

I've been up since 10 pm YESTERDAY. I have to be into work in seven hours and then go strait to my other job when I get out of there. Why can't I sleep? It is a mystery. Maybe I'm trying too hard? LOL

Four glasses of wine...

Still nothing.

Not even slightly tired.

Just REALLY buzzed.

*sigh*

Can someone PLEASE hit me over the head and knock me out for a few hours?

Your co-operation would be appreciated. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 793 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 05:40 pm
Wine has a lot of sugar in it and it can make you feel more agitated than sleepy. Next time try some herbal tea, a glass of milk or a slice of turkey. Also try a sleep mask and ear plugs to block out any distractions, lay down and go over a happy story or fairy tale in your head until you drift off.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 06:03 pm
Pasta for dinner... protein for breakfast...

If I'm all worried about something then the norms go out the window.. but usually, I have various books to read. I try not to start a thriller type thing at, say, midnight, or I might read the night away.

It's just taken me a week to be near to finishing a book about a woman and her husband who have a restaurant in Connecticut.. and I generally like foodie books. It is nearly totally boring, but not quite boring enough for me to hurl the book across the room. I can only get through mere pages before fall asleep.

I generally recommend nice fat paperbacks that are hard to hold onto in bed, with fairly small print and a lot of description.. Hawaii by Michener comes to mind. I never got past the first couple of pages.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 06:05 pm
Not to dismiss Green Witch's points. Hot milk is good... or at least it has worked for me. Has tryptophan in it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 07:56 pm
The best way to fall asleep is not to try. Just think about your normal stuff and forget about sleep. You'll fall asleep.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 08:45 pm
drinking might know you out....but it won't keep you asleep.

plus, wine can give you a nasty nasty hangover.

turn off TV, turn off music, don't get on phone, get off the computer, start reading a book....relax.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 08:48 pm
Nods to chai, starts to snore..
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 09:58 pm
Try roofing your house all day. You'll sleep like a baby.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:22 pm
Thanks for the advice. Smile I managed to get four hours sleep. That last glass of wine knocked me out. No hang over either because I chugged a bunch of water before I laid down that last time. Cool Usually alcohol of any sort does the trick if I'm really wired up. Don't know why. I guess because I don't drink a heck of a lot. The good news is this is my last night shift! Whew... Now if I can just make it through the next 14 hours I'll be golden. Cool
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:53 pm
Hey, what's with the new avatar?

I clicked it 20 or 30 times and nothing happens.

Maybe it has been disabled. I'll put in a help request.

Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 06:53 am
Intrepid wrote:

0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 08:53 am
Intrepid wrote:

Maybe it has been disabled. I'll put in a help request.

Laughing

Shocked Why Intrepid... I never would have imagined you would have tried clicking it! LOL

What a fun avatar. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 10:32 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

http://selarips.free.fr/events/ben-perv.gif

Razz
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:21 pm
LOL!

Hey! How did you get the link to my avatar?????
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 07:47 pm
I cant sleep
hephzibah :

Iam sure that I can help you at last find "Sleep" This is not a medicine..Go to any store that has vitamins for sale and buy a bottle of 5 mg Melatonin...There are about 120 tables to a bottle...I take one at least two hours before I go t bed..After the two hours I might but not always take a second tablet ..this helps...but most of the time this is not necessary. The cost is around $5.00 or $6.00 .

Let me know if I have helped you or not.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 08:03 pm
Holy crap! I forgot about melatonin! Some of the kids I've worked with over the years have needed that to sleep at night! Duuurrr! Thanks Joe. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I can't sleep
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 08:05:46