how do you make iron-on heat transfers?

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:10 am
i want to get a pillow case and put a big picture of me on there for my girlfriend's birthday. it's lame i know but i'm getting her a real present as well.

i have an iron and i can buy a pillow case but how do i make the actual iron on photo? i think i need to get a special kind of printer paper. any ideas? thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 689 • Replies: 6
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:14 am
I think you can go to a photocopying shop and they can photocopy a pic onto special heat paper.I dont think all places do it so you will have to ask around.

Alternatively(and this takes time and in my experience is not a great success)
There is a craft cream called Image maker.Get a photocopied picture, cover the picture with this cream and place it onto the pillow case, leave it to dry(overnight)then soak off with water(this takes alot of time)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:15 am
Or maybe photo shops may do it, they print on tshirts.Try Boots or snappy snaps if your in the UK.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:17 am
You can buy the paper -- in the US Office Max and Staples and such have it. Then just print on it from your computer, et voila.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:21 am
I think you have to start with your printer and go from there. Ink jet has the most options, though I saw some that would work with laser, too. This is what I've used, worked great:

http://omximages.officemax.com/images/kreb_large/14213230.GIF
Quote:
HP Iron-On Transfers for White & Light Color Fabrics

Apply your own designs or photos to: T-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, aprons, tablecloths, napkins, placemats, canvas tote bags, scarves and mousepads. Cold peel press allows you to wait until transfer has cooled before you peel it off. For HP Deskjet/Deskwriter 600, 700, 800, 1120C Series Printer; HP 2000C Professional Series Printers.

That's from Office Max.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 03:43 pm
you can get them at wal mart as well.. thats where i bought mine
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:16 pm
soz and seed.....ditto

as a matter of fact I saw T-shirt transfers at Office Depot just today. Noticed them because I was buying blank bi-fold cards. they were in the same section
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how do you make iron-on heat transfers?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 11:56:49