Do you think this is crossing the line?

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:32 am
http://drudgereport.com/sp.jpg

From South Park

I think it's terrible. I'd hate to see this if I was his wife or kids.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 917 • Replies: 10
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:38 am
Yes.
But then again its South Park, they dont really think about others.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:45 am
I agree - it is crossing the line - in bad taste, etc.

Reason why I don't watch South Park.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:51 am
Frankly, I find it tremendously funny. Tasteless? Yes. Juvenile? Of course. But very funny nonetheless.

Let's face it, most humor is neither lofty nor intellectual. And some of the best is coarse and uncouth.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:51 am
Its way too fresh and recent.
I have to admit I do laugh at violent things like that, if its aimed at people i dont like, loved the SP film when Saddam Hussain was in bed with Satan,but coz I like Irwin its crossing the line.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:03 am
Not for South Park.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:35 am
how about this?

http://thundernroses.typepad.com/thunder_and_roses/images/RoyAndTiger.gif
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:42 am
Of course it crosses a line. The shows entire MO is to cross lines.

If you're a viewer of the show, you know this.

If you're a viewer who enjoys the show but get offended when your own particular line gets crossed -- I say you're a hypocrite. As if your line is more valid than somebody else's line...

Conversely, you've just reproduced the offending image without any warning of its source, so Steve Irwin's kid might come bumbling along and see it and be woefully hurt. We can't expect a2k readers to have the same expectations of the board that a television viewer should have of South Park, after all. Perhaps a revision of the title to warn Irwin's friends and family is in order.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:47 am
Region, he's better now, and shortly after the incident, HE was poking fun of himself. He doesn't have a little girl at home still grieving, but that's jmo. I'm someone who gets offended by a few things SP does.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:51 am
If we could only make light of those things that offend no one, the world would be a very humorless place.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:56 am
patiodog wrote:
If you're a viewer who enjoys the show but get offended when your own particular line gets crossed -- I say you're a hypocrite. As if your line is more valid than somebody else's line...

I agree. If you know South Park, and watch it, then you know they push the limit.

Do I think it was "crossing the line?" No, not for that show. They've done worse.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you think this is crossing the line?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:27:23