After Years Of Hauling Cd's By The Crate

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:30 pm
Today I got over 40,000 dj and 20,000 karaoke songs all on one little laptop, along with software that works just like the real thing. Scratch, beat mixes, you name it. Much easier on the back. I'm on my way to my Sunday night show to try it out. Hooray!!!!

This time last year we were recovering from practically being homeless following my illness and now we're back on the major upswing. I am grateful, believe that.

Great day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 394 • Replies: 15
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:40 pm
yeh but those little speakers on the laptop sound like a cellphone.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:43 pm
I'm happy for you. Somehow, I just didn't get the sense that furniture sales was really for you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:49 pm
That's great news.

<is everything backed up?>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:50 pm
That's awesome....good luck using it.

Is it a one-time software purchase? 60,000 songs is a ton.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:52 pm
Now you can ship all those cumberson CDs to me and be rid of them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 07:08 pm
Coolness! Have a blast, Bear :-D
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 10:04 pm
Yep, that is definately cool. How'd you manage to get 60,000 songs?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 12:32 am
Play a song for me bear.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:19 am
Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:25 am
Glad to hear about the upswing, bear. Have fun with the new music.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:44 am
He doesnt just hold his dominion, he abuses it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:03 am
roger wrote:
I'm happy for you. Somehow, I just didn't get the sense that furniture sales was really for you.

I'm Still selling furniture though...won't give that up unless/until I get my business built back to a certain predictable income level..... the benefits are too good to have...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:10 am
Ach! I know about that damn health insurance. I'm just on the verge of changing my mind about single payer insurance, and not just because of the cost.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:11 am
actually I do have another duplicate 500 gig hard drive so everything is backed up and plenty more room... the dj software is exactly like a real time set up... with the addition that I can get my beats fairly close and then tell the computer to perfectly beat match the songs tray to tray... I can program a 4 hour seamless set of beat matched music in advance if I want to... kind of hate to see it become that easy because we old timers who learned the skills to do it by hand can now be duplicated by anyone with a few bucks.... on the other hand Ive done the work so I can hold my head up and this is waaaaay too convenient.

I actually purchased the karaoke hosting software in an old desktop with 20,000 karaoke songs already on the hard drive. This guy sold it to me for practically nothing. I then hooked up with a dj friend who wanted to computerize his karaoke and had 40,000 dj songs on his hard drive, so we spent all day yesterday trading off and setting up my laptop. Now it's just a question of each of us keeping out files updated with new music which is easy. I can even download a song I don't have on the fly and within 10 minutes of you making your request play it for you.

This is technology applied properly instead of for tools of war, that's what I'm talking about. Now if they could just get to work on some sort of affordable solution to thinning hair.........
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 10:14 am
I know. Technology is great. I just got an ipod about a month ago and still marveling over it. To have your absolute favorite music at your fingertips is just a wonderful, scary thing.
I LOVE IT! Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » After Years Of Hauling Cd's By The Crate
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 12:26:37