Engagement party: do I have to bring a gift?

parados

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:35 am
What's an engagement party without a stripper?

For goodness sake slappy, bring 2.

(I'm sure it would be much more appreciated than a drunken speech at the reception.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:50 am
What beth and noddy say makes sense to me.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:55 am
A nice bottle of wine. Put it in a gift box. Shock them all and be classy. :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:02 am
Any engagement party that I have been to are cases where everyone is aware of the engagement in advance. Those invited to the party have been family and close friends. In all cases, these are the same people invited to the wedding.

In each case, gifts were given. Not large and expensive gifts, but nice gifts nonetheless.

We are invited to such an event on Sunday afternoon. I would prefer not to take a gift, but we will.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:21 am
Intrepid wrote:
Any engagement party that I have been to are cases where everyone is aware of the engagement in advance. Those invited to the party have been family and close friends. In all cases, these are the same people invited to the wedding.

In each case, gifts were given. Not large and expensive gifts, but nice gifts nonetheless.

We are invited to such an event on Sunday afternoon. I would prefer not to take a gift, but we will.

I guess I am with Intrepid on this - if it is some one close as much as I hate it - I would simply attend and give something small. I would probably grumble and complain about it with hubby, but in the end I would just shut up and do it. (Unless of course I could come up with a really good excuse not to attend.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:23 am
Slappy - you could still give a drunken speech to the happy couple - just make sure when the best man is ready to give his spiel that you position yourself nearby. When he finishes, grab the microphone and state that you would like to add a few words of congratulations to the happy coupleĀ….
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:31 am
Nice. I'll grab the mic, and tell the story about how my buddy made out with another chick while they were engaged.

Anyway, that settles it: a bottle of wine.

Get a nice little box, little bow, and wrap that bottle of Boone's up nice and pretty-like.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:20 am
Methinks a little Wild Turkey would be more appropriate.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 12:24 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Anyway, that settles it: a bottle of wine.

Get a nice little box, little bow, and wrap that bottle of Boone's up nice and pretty-like.

That would be so YOU!
Love it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 10:48:44