Philippines

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 08:57 pm
My mom is from the Philippines, along with half my family. Sometimes I wish I was born there. I was curious, are a lot of people here from there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,311 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cge04

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 01:20 am
Very Happy Hi there Verity Black.
Thank God! someone finally posted something about the Philippines or Filipinos
I can tell you that I am a full ed Filipino and I live here in Baguio City.
Where is your mom from? Is she a cebuana, tagalog....?
0 Replies

ginguh

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 01:57 am
sorry to dig up an old thread, but hey, i'm half filipino too. yeah a lot of people are from the philippines. like everyone in the country Razz. or did you mean on this board? hahah
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 04:33 am
another one right there? I cant really find people in this site who are more interested in the Philippines, so im left to assume not a lot of people in this site are "filipino inclined." :wink:
So if your out there to prove me wrong, would help a lot to know your one ....
0 Replies

falkon

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:57 pm
cge04 wrote:
another one right there? I cant really find people in this site who are more interested in the Philippines, so im left to assume not a lot of people in this site are "filipino inclined." :wink:
So if your out there to prove me wrong, would help a lot to know your one ....
phillipenos are nice people, the only interest i have with phillippines is the gangs, i used 2 no a few gangs bak in da day dat were so called london born triad gangs, nine-trey, woo sang woo,nuts-soo-cows,ect
0 Replies

zhu siao long

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 05:13 am
Philippines
living here is not that good anymore compare to before especially marcos days, it is much better before even there is a dictator, filipino lifestyle is much better, filipino is not worth dying anymore as one of the assasined senator before told his country.
too much of corruptions anywhere in the government from the top to the lowest rank even the civilians are already infected by this cancer of the society.
filipino needs a superhero not even a robinhood, new generations will suffer form this problem as they grow up in the environment of this wrecked and corrupt governance.
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 02:37 am
zhu, i beg to disagree with you my friend. It seems that the perception that i have from you is that you rescent the facts that there are also things beautiful in the Philippines. Well i am not posting this for you to change your mind but there are things left unknown and unsaid regarding the Philippines. I understand your point. Though I never agreed with your concept of dictatatorship was far better than it is now...
0 Replies

carssg

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 09:51 pm
Life in the Philippines is better than in anywhere else in the world.
I don't want to sound unfair and subjective but it is.

In asia, Philippines in the land of the free and moderate.

I am so damn proud to be a filipino! =)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:26 am
Carssg--

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

carssg

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:40 pm
Thank you! Thank you! =)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 01:36 pm
I have many fond memories of the Phillipines, and my girlfriend spent 6 weeks there last year on business.

I had a very good friend that was born and raised and lived his entire life in Cabanatuan, but I havent seen him in a few years.

If I can, I plan to retire there.
0 Replies