I just did something really stupid.

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 10:13 pm
As some of you know, I have a diabetic cat. Rocky is his name. Because of the diabetes, he pees a LOT. As a result, he has been having this problem. When he pees now, all this piss keeps on coming out, seemingly forEVER, creating a puddle in the clumping cat litter. This puddle then starts to trickle back and ends up spilling down under his back legs. He then jumps out of the litter box with clumps of urine-soaked cat litter crusted and caked in the hair on his back paws, tracking it all over the apartment. It's a real mess, and a real pain in the ass for me to clean it out of his hair and paws. Tonight I decided that I would do everything in my power to make sure it didn't happen again.

So earlier this evening, I hear Rocky over there in the litterbox, and as he's peeing I run over and get close just in case I see the piss puddle approaching his paws. Sure enough, he pees forEVER, and eventually I have to throw little cat litter piles over the urine puddle as he's going, to stop it from flowing under and onto his back leg. But I do it. I stop it from getting on him! Yes! Victory!

Anyway, some time goes by, and he's at the litterbox again, taking another piss.

I rush over, all excited that I've solved this little problem once and for all, thank you very much, and I watch. Sure enough, he pees again forEVER, and the flow starts to trickle toward his back left paw. So I lean down confidently and scoop some litter towards the offending urine stream. But I miscalculate this time due to a bad angle, and instead of stopping the stream, I see with sudden horror that I have actually made a little sloping hill right down to his leg. The piss is going down it and is going to get on him! And he's still pissing, with no sign of slowing down!

I panic, and push his back left leg about an inch and a half uphill and to the right. He's still peeing, and the trickle is still travelling toward his leg, but now I've thrown his balance off a little. He tries to move to a more comfortable stance, and ends up sideways in the litter box, with his other paw right IN the piss puddle, his ass hanging over the edge of the litter box, and a stream of piss spraying all over my hardwood floors.

As I watch him shift a little more, spraying a steady stream out over the base of my floor lamp, I can only watch helplessly until finally the stream peters out.

He then jumps out of the litter box with clumps of urine-soaked cat litter crusted and caked in the hair on his back paw, tracking it all over the apartment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,032 • Replies: 46
No top replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 10:18 pm
ROTF.........

Kicky, thats not stupid...thats just sad.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 10:27 pm
Ha! It made me laugh.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 10:35 pm
Boy, am I glad to have a dog.

Well Kicky, can't you buy a deeper litter box and increase the litter?
Or get something more absorbant. Heck if Pampers can, so can you!

YOu also could build this wind canal onto the litter box and whenever
Fritz is finished, he'll march right through the wind canal and comes
out freshly crimped.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:39 am
LOL!

I'm just glad (?) the stream didn't hit your face or beer.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:17 am
hihihi...

That really made me laugh, but don't worry, you tried, and it might work again next time!!! Smile

I am glad my cats usually go outside to do their business, I did not have to clean a litter box in months!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:41 am
Have you thought of using a funnel with a bendy tube on the end?

1. Hold funnel in place.

2. Direct bendy tube into receptacle.

3. Allow cat to pee.

4. Pour contents of receptacle into empty Bud bottle.

5. Store Bud bottle in fridge.

6. Wait for Gus to pop round for a beer.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 05:07 am
Laughing

that poor cat
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 05:24 am
what cj said gave me an idea....

get some extra absorbant Depends
Cut the crotchs out of them, leaving absorbant pads.

When you catch him peeing, lay one of the pads in the path of the urine and let him pee on that.

I don't think feminine pads would work as well, since they aren't made to absorb a lot of urine.

Hey, for fun, like on the weekend, try this.
Get a box of extra absorbant tampons, and take them out of their tubes.

When Fritzy starts peeing put the tampon there and try to guess how many he'll go through before he's done.
You could have you buddies come over and you could all make bets.

I think it would make Fritz feel he was more "a part of"....you know....hanging out with the guys....doing nutty things like peeing on tampons.

Seriously though, try the absorbant part of a Depends.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 06:55 am
Chai Tea wrote:
I don't think feminine pads would work as well, since they aren't made to absorb a lot of urine.

>Scratches head. Wonders how Chai came to know this little nugget....<
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 06:57 am
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

>Scratches head. Wonders how Chai came to know this little nugget....<

"Chai done a pee pee, Chai done a pee pee"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 06:58 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Well Kicky, can't you buy a deeper litter box and increase the litter?

Get out of my head!

CalamityJane wrote:
YOu also could build this wind canal onto the litter box and whenever Fritz is finished, he'll march right through the wind canal and comes out freshly crimped.

Our cats have to go over a doormat and through two cat doors to get back inside the house... and they still track crap in.

Cats are filthy creatures. Loveable... but filthy.

Of course, all creatures are filthy when you think about it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:01 am
Give up on the clumping crap.....

I use recycled newspaper pellets...but lucerne pellets are good, too...if you have horse fodder stores in NYC.

I also use deeeeeeeeeeeeep litter trays, with a cover (with a swing door)......there was a lot of pee in my litter trays too, there being two cats, until I had to have poor Oscar euthanased the other day.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:13 am
dlowan wrote:
I had to have poor Oscar euthanased the other day.

Having a pet put down is the worst... Sorry that you had to go through that.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:13 am
Re: I just did something really stupid.
kickycan wrote:
.... It's a real mess, and a real pain in the ass for me to clean it out of his hair and paws. Tonight I decided that I would do everything in my power to make sure it did happen again.

So earlier this evening, I hear Rocky over there in the litterbox, and as he's peeing I run over and get close just in case I see the piss puddle approaching his paws. Sure enough, he pees forEVER, and eventually I have to throw little cat litter piles over the urine puddle as he's going, to stop it from flowing under and onto his back leg. But I do it. I stop it from getting on him! Yes! Victory!

Anyway, some time goes by, and he's at the litterbox again, taking another piss.

I rush over, all excited that I've solved this little problem once and for all, thank you very much, and I watch. Sure enough, he pees again forEVER, and the flow starts to trickle toward his back left paw. So I lean down confidently and scoop some litter towards the offending urine stream...
You spend entirely too much time watching your cat urinate. This may be the sign of some sort of emotional disturbance on your part; however, it is also very strange.

As to your litter box problem, there is a solution. Get a second litter box, punch some small holes in one litter box. In the litter box without holes place a few small stones or rocks (one at each corner and a few others here and there) Place the box with the holes on top of this and line with a small amount of litter...it will help avoid massive clumps. Now when the cat gets into the box to do his stuff the urine will move through and down into the lower box which you can then pour out...unless of course you'd rather maintain a cat piss odor in your abode.

Method number two involves a hydraulic jack and shifting the litter box in one direction. This method has problems which I have yet to work out which include the cat sliding over into his urine or falling out of the box entirely and then depending on his urine power-force possibly urinating on your ceiling.

Tell ya what...just buy the little feller some diapers, it'll be easier.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:18 am
I think you could combind the ideas from Sturgis and Lord Elpus.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:40 am
sidebar...apparently kicky is perceived as a f**king moron here.

Welcome to the club. pm me for the secret paw shake.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:43 am
****, I've known the secret f---ing moron paw shake for years. Ever since the time I accidentally broke my own nose in a library. Now that was REALLY stupid.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 07:45 am
Sturgis....hydraulics are an idea whose time has not come. Plus the smell of cat urine sitting in the bottom of the tray would be UNGODLY! Knowing kicky, he would probably dump it down the kitchen sink too. I mean, that's where he pisses, isn't it?

IN THE SMALL MATTER OF CATS AND HYDRUALIC JACKS

Well DrewDad and Lord Ellpus....apparantly you have never read the insert in a femine napkin package. I cannot discuss in depth here, but suffice it to say uriniting on a pad is not encouraged.

Seriously, the pad is only mean for an ounce or 2 of fluid at a time.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 08:06 am
dlowan wrote:
Give up on the clumping crap.....

Yes, I got that same advice from littlek a couple days ago. I am going to do that as soon as I finish the container of clumping litter that I bought the day before she suggested it. They don't call me "that cheap bastard" for nothing, you know.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I just did something really stupid.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 08:04:09