TODAY, I BECAME THE PROUD OWNER OF A ROCK HARD, 10" VEINY SA

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:47 am
......UCISSON!

When searching for one of my favourite foods, I often come away disappointed, finding that the only saucisson to be had, are often limp and skinny.
Now...I've tried nearly all the limp saucisson, and have found that none compare to one that is virtually unbreakable.

I don't know why this is, but there you go.

Today, whilst meandering towards my car near the High Street, I had a quick waft of ripe brie go up my left nostril, whilst at the same time I heard the plaintive cry of a French woman shouting "Cerm an Bye, cerm an bye".....

YES....the French Market was in town!

I hastily shuffled my tired old legs down the stairs of the multistorey car park, past the spot where I had the honour of opening th building all those years ago, by taking the first ceremonial pee in the dimly lit stairwell, and made my way to the High Street.

Ignorning the cerm bye woman (handbags...no bloody use to me at all) I pushed my way through the shoppers, past a row of stalls, in search of Jacques.

Although I was mightily tempted to get a serving of that potato provencale dish that they cook up in a giant frying pan, I was suddenly strengthened in my resistance by a smell that I can only describe as wet dog with a hint of garlic.

Jacques stall was very nearby, that was obvious.

Spying Jacques about to serve an old lady, two stalls down, I raced to get there before her and plonked my hands on his counter in triumph. The old lady then started swiping me with her shopping bag (outrageous!) so I fended her blows with one arm, whilst pointing to my favourite saucisson with the other.
Jacques gave a knowing look, gently lifted the prize "Sampiero" sausage into a sheet of tissue, and delicately wrapped it for me.
By now, the old lady had exhausted herself, so I motioned for the market inspector to come and drag her away, so she could sit on an old orange box or something.

Fifteen minutes later, after a VERY slow, careful drive home, my Sampiero is now about to be sliced, and I am about to reek of garlic all evening.

No, I won't be sharing it with you. Sorry.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/PICT7485.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:49 am
Eurgh! I feel sick.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:59 am
Mmmmmmm.....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/PICT7486.jpg
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:00 am
You are nasty.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:42 am
I have now had three or four slices, and can guarantee that nobody will come near me when I walk the dog in the park in about ten mins.

MARVELLOUS! (burp)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:54 am
You couldn't find one that was all fat?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:54 am
Or are those garlic cloves?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:58 am
My word, L.E. That looks like compressed chitterlings. No wonder my grandmother used to justify a glass of wine by saying, "The Bible says a little wine for the stomach's sake."

http://www.healthhub.ie/assets/24/5924C093-36BB-4E47-AAD1387B7707B2BE_image/woman-ill.jpg
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:01 pm
"I" do understand you, LE...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:02 pm
I've always thought you were a man of good taste, Francis.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:04 pm
Looks like you are one, too, LE....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:29 pm
You Europeans have no idea about chitterlings, right? Razz
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:34 pm
Chittelings are innards, I believe. An old butchery term.

As are "lights", "Melts and "giblets". No?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:36 pm
Wrong, Miss Letty, I know what chitterlings are.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:44 pm
Well, Francis and L.E. I'm proud of you. Glad you're not "polypoli"(later found out that meant too polite). Many East Virginia people who pretend to be aristocratic, don't feel comfortable with that word because they do not want to remember when famine was rampant among the wealthy after the Civil War.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TODAY, I BECAME THE PROUD OWNER OF A ROCK HARD, 10" VEINY SA
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:59:57