airport security, booze vs water vs profit

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:01 pm
as I am sure most of you know that airport security has banned carryon luggage contaning any liquid or gel until today when so many protests came in from the tax-free sales of booze and perfume at airports that exceptions had to be made. You can now buy booze and perfume for carryon but not water. I guess there's not really that much profit in bottled water.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 210 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:36 pm
I was stopped by airport security last year when the metal detector went off. The security guy gave me the wand and said "what's in your back pocket?" I replied, "nothing, I just have buns of steel". He didn't laugh. Instead they tore up my luggage and practically cavity searched me.

Them airport guys have NO sense of humor.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:51 pm
Quote:
protests came in from the tax-free sales of booze and perfume at airports

was just wondering about this in the airport. i figured dhl was going to make a killing.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:02 pm
Yeppers the ban on liquids cannot last long. The duty-free is a huge perk of travelling via plane. I am planning a trip home to Ireland at Christmas and it is MANDATORY that I buy gallons of booze at the duty free or I will not be let into the country! Start a petition today!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:06 pm
of course my alternative of stocking a small boat full of red-label vodka and sailing to Europe is not really a serious option so I don't have much to threaten them around with ... fist waving in air.

since the booze is purchased AT the airport and is not actually given to you until you get to the gate, how could they ban that? oh yeah, if I read posts I'd realize that the ban is lifted. Ho'okay then, I'm all set. Panic over.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » airport security, booze vs water vs profit
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:31:16