Fleas' drumsticks.

Gargamel

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:36 am
I think I speak for the United States of America when I say: fry it, dip it in cheese, give me a side of salsa, and it don't matter WHAT it tastes like. We'll eat it. We'll eat a flea's drumstick, an elephant's cock, whatever, as long as it's deep fried.

Mmmmmmm.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:46 am
Gargamel wrote:
I think I speak for the United States of America when I say: fry it, dip it in cheese, give me a side of salsa, and it don't matter WHAT it tastes like. We'll eat it. We'll eat a flea's drumstick, an elephant's cock, whatever, as long as it's deep fried.

Mmmmmmm.

I think I speak for the United States of America when I say:
Gargamel does NOT speak for the United States of America.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:56 am
Does this mean I can't count on your donation to my 2008 campaign? For leader of the "free" world?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:40 pm
sozobe wrote:
When I was looking for information about fleas' musculature (nuffink) I found this:

http://www.chrisis.org/chr_blake/blake_images/ghost.jpg

Quote:
One of Blake's 'Spiritual Visitants'

John Varley was a watercolourist, landscape designer and astrologer whom Blake met towards the end of his life. Varley encouraged Blake to sketch portraits of the people who populated his visions, and in all there are between forty or fifty drawings of such 'visionary heads'. Many of these depict historical characters, such as kings and queens, but the most popular has always been the flea, which exists both as a simple sketch and as this elaborate painting.

Blake claimed that, while he was sketching the flea, it had explained to him that fleas were inhabited by the souls of bloodthirsty men. These bloodthirsty men were confined to the bodies of small insects, because if they were the size of horses, they would drink so much blood that most of the country would be depopulated.

The flea's bloodthirsty nature can be seen in its tongue, darting eagerly from its mouth, and the cup (for blood-drinking) that it is carrying.

The poor quality of this picture is due to Blake painting it in what he called 'fresco' (tempera), which has cracked and dulled with age. The influence of Michelangelo (1475-1564), a Renaissance artist whom Blake admired, can be seen in the highly defined musculature of the flea's burly body.

Coooool...

Now....THERE'S a drumstick!

Swimpy wrote:
I think it would taste like dandruff.

a. Why?

b. What does dandruff taste like?

c. How do you KNOW what dandruff tastes like?

Gargamel wrote:

Mmmmmmm.

Well, I can see deep frying a flea's drumstick would be good, but the CHEESE?

George wrote:
Gargamel wrote:

Mmmmmmm.

I think I speak for the United States of America when I say:
Gargamel does NOT speak for the United States of America.

What? Are you two pulling the leg of a poor, innocent Australian Wabbit, in her search for knowledge?

Shame!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:54 pm
Salty garlicky butter, of course, just like snails do.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:22 pm
I can imagine what dandruff tastes like. I imagine it tastes like flea drumsticks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:50 pm
I fear that not everyone is taking my very reasonable question with all the seriousness it merits.

Schniff...
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 06:06 am
dlowan wrote:
I fear that not everyone is taking my very reasonable question with all the seriousness it merits.

Schniff...

Au contraire, ma hare...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 07:07 am
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Schniff...

Au contraire, ma hare...

Don't you mean "Mein Herr"?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 07:25 am
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Schniff...

Au contraire, ma hare...

That would not be germane.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 07:30 am
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Schniff...

Au contraire, ma hare...

Warum?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:31 am
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Schniff...

Au contraire, ma hare...

Warum?

No, thank you. I'm trying to cut down.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 04:33 pm
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Schniff...

Au contraire, ma hare...

Warum?

No, thank you. I'm trying to cut down.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 05:51 pm
Hmmm... I thought Dlowan was talking about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and had her bands members mixed up.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:08 pm
Nope.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:12 pm
apparently not.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:56 pm
I assumed she was dieting.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:59 pm
I am amazed at the way the aging of the tempera medium of Blake's picture is so like the (I assume) electron microscope photograph of the flea's body markings.

Don't know about the taste, but with the muscle tone required to leap like a flea (something like 60 times its own height) it would be awfully tough and chewy, wouldn't it?

"Do You Remember An Inn Miranda?" You didn't have to do the Eisteddfod bit too, did you? Poor thing!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 12:35 am
Huh? I love that poem.

How is it related to Eistedfodds?

Perhaps one marinates the drumstick to tenderize it?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:10 am
Slow roasting, a la Texas barbeque, would solve that issue.

My concern is the commercial viability of bringing the product to market.

Sure, they breed in captivity, but have you ever tried to make teeny-tiny slaughterhouses?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fleas' drumsticks.
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.4 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:19:17