Juggling, anyone?

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:32 am
This past summer vacation a friend bought 3 balls (hacky sacks as they say) as a gift to some friends. Well he made the error of lending them to me because I beat the hell outta them trying to juggle them.

I learnt the hard way how to do it, nobody told me how to do it. Yesterday I bought 5 balls saying that someday I'll learn to juggle all 5 of them.

I've set this semester to learn 5 balls, cascade them as I found is called.

So, anybody juggles, used to juggle?

Is juggling a sport, an art or is it something general (I had trouble deciding where to post this)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,530 • Replies: 19
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:50 am
I juggle a little bit - not very well, though. I once saw a TV performance in which a fellow juggled a running chainsaw, a bowling ball, and a loaf of bread. I was impressed.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:30 am
i can juggle a little bit, too.
i think i'm better at juggling 2 in one hand, rather than the customary 3 in 2.

but i can't stand watching those knife jugglers Shocked
those dudes are insane...
0 Replies

mandarin

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:18 am
yeah, i'm pretty much the same when juggling 2 balls. i can juggle with three, but when i do it's so slow you can hardly call it juggling at all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:58 am
timberlandko wrote:
I juggle a little bit - not very well, though. I once saw a TV performance in which a fellow juggled a running chainsaw, a bowling ball, and a loaf of bread. I was impressed.

There was a chainsaw juggler who used to perform every summer weekend at Venice Beach - might be the same guy.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:44 am
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same guy - don't imagine too many juggling acts include chainsaws, seems to me that likely would be a sorta exclusive deal. Don't remember what show I saw it on, it was years ago, prolly was in the '80s. Can't think of the name right now, but there was one that featured clips of folks doing strange things - prolly was that show.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:01 pm
I do it all the time.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 02:38 pm
Yeah I also saw the same man once or twice. I also remember a guy who played the piano with balls juggling to the floor, I think it was on a show called Just For Laughs, I think it's canadian.

My first goal is to master half of the tricks on Funny Juggler

I'm thinking about getting from bed 15 minutes earlier to practice, I though about it since monday but I haven't been able to drag my body outta the bed. If I'm able to do that, I'm gonna treat juggling as a serious hobby.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:10 pm
does juggling a bunch of projects at once count?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:15 pm
You guys are impressing the hell out of me. I have trouble catching the one ball I occasionally throw into the air. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:18 pm
Sure does, Region. I use books, myself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:21 pm
http://www.westland.net/venice/images/juggler.jpg
source: www.westland.net

When I used to see him, he juggled on pavement up by Ocean Front walk..
Robert Gruenberg is his name, according to the link.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:46 pm
I hope he's well insured.
maneater

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:22 pm
I can juggle. But it isnt a hobby, and I'm not that good at it either Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:33 pm
Does keeping three chain saws in the air qualify as multi-tasking?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
Hmmmm, I didn't see him the last time I was on Ocean Front Walk, last December. Can't remember if he used to be there all year, or just in the summers; probably just in summertime.

Yes, Noddy, that does seem multitask-y. I never saw him with flames at his feet too...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
maneater wrote:
I can juggle. But it isnt a hobby, and I'm not that good at it either Very Happy

If it's not a hobby then, what is it?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 03:59 pm
I can keep three balls in the air and thats about it.

I like it though ;-)
0 Replies

historylover

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:52 pm
@jespah,
Yes his name was Robert Gruenberg...he was so funny and could juggle these chainsaws like michael Jordon played basketball...there has been a ton of imitators who are nowhere close to him but they keep trying...especially a guy named Chad...I think he goes by the stupid name Mad Chad and he is still doing the same old tired act...Robert always called him cheesey chad...let it be known that Robert was a true talent and I heard he is now very successful at real estate...do a search for whatever happened to robert gruenberg
historylover

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 11:53 pm
@historylover,
Yes I used to see the imitator Chad Taylor in person when he worked on Venice Beach Boardwalk a couple blocks away from where Robert Gruenberg worked his act and it was so obvious that Chad stole robert's act(everybody on the boardwalk used to call chad "chessy chad" cause he was SO bad and it was so obvious that he stole robert act BUT the big difference between the two was that Robert Gruenberg was also a great comedian whereas Chad had no comedic talent at all...in the end robert gruenberg will go down as the one who is responsible for bringing a intrest back to juggling where chad will go down as a sad imitator and trying to cash in and exploit street performers mainly because he cant do anything else BUT most of all what bothered me about Chad was he really has such bad and embarasing timing when he tries to be funny
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Juggling, anyone?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:24:19