YOUR FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS

Rae

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:18 pm
You really should cut down, bigdice.....urs and I have discussed this and we think it best.....

I'm trying, too ~ just so you don't feel alone!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:22 pm
... comes a rabbit in a bar and sees another rabbit and says -"gosh, are your ears long"
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:22 pm
go figure...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:24 pm
...alll I know is, I don't want to be there when it happens...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:26 pm
Can we hold hands when it does happen?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:29 pm
uhoh, rae... don't think that would be that much fun....
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:29 pm
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:32 pm
think about it, hon...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:34 pm
No matter......

I'm going to sleep, sir. You ought to do the same. This is not a request! Darnit!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:38 pm
okokokok... I'm hearin' ya!!!

zZzZzZzZzzZZzZZzZz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:48 pm
That's "lift" dead, son. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:55 pm
logging out just now, c.i.!
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 05:34 am
My funeral arrangements
Well, I have thought long and hard about this, my funeral, how I would like it, the atmosphere too...its so good I would like to be there!!

Car: I would like my coffin in a stretch VW Beetle, purple metallic, chrome(may have to think about building that!). Big daisies would surround the coffin, mixed in with carnations and red, white and yellow roses. Very Happy

Coffin: Wood, simple, painted a rainbow of colours in the style of the Beetles Yellow Submarine video (someone must know what I am talking about! he he) with a few choice things in there with me:

1. 'The Well of Loneliness' by Radclyffe Hall
2. My snowglobes
3. The film 'So I married an Axe murderer'

I wish to be wearing comfy flared jeans and red DM boots, as I am in life, with my piercings in and nothing removed.

Music: There she goes by the La's and Anouk (don't know which song yet)

I would like to be cremated I think purely because in my home town an old grave yard has been built on, a nightclub now standing in its place, with smashed gravestones all around it...it makes me so sad, I don't think I would like to end up with my remains and treasures under something so crass and commercial...

Scattered in the breeze wherever people want to put me... my funeral will be about the people I love, and me, my life, and theirs...all as one in that room on that day...hopefully a long way off, I have to build my Beetle yet!! Razz

Carrie
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 06:56 am
I think I want this song:

ISN'T IT GRAND
Look at the coffin with golden handles
Isn't it grand boys to be bloody well dead?

Chorus:
Let's not have a sniffle, let's have a bloody good cry
And always remember the longer you live, the sooner you'll bloody well die

Look at the flowers, all bloody withered

Look at the preacher, bloody sanctimonious

Look at the mourners, bloody great hypocrites

Look at the widow, bloody great female
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 10:59 am
fishin': My dad's ashes are inurned at Arlington. Before his service, my mom had talked the band into playing "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" among other more traditional numbers. It created an odd situation - lots of people chuckled, and then felt really embarassed. It was great - Dad wouldn't have wanted us to be too somber. So maybe your jazzy taps isn't entirely out of the question!

I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered. Details to be decided...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:58 am
Great epitaphs:

Billy Connelly: "Is that the time?"

Spike Milligan: "I told you I was sick"

Me: "I knew something like this was going to happen".
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 05:30 pm
Dead popular

Quote:
This week a survey identified a different kind of pop chart - a top 10 for music at funerals. But are we really listening to what these songs are saying?

James Blunt has joined the esteemed company of Gabriel Fauré, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Robbie Williams.

He is now the current favourite choice for funeral music, according to a new poll from the Bereavement Register.

His heavily-wrought track, Goodbye My Lover, seems unlikely to remain at the top of the chart. Looking back over similar polls, you'll see songs which have dropped from favour altogether.

The late 1990s saw the Titanic ballad My Heart Will Go On, which has now disappeared - perhaps no bad thing, given that heart disease remains Britain's biggest cause of death.

Certain songs crop up across the lists, though, with a consistent mood. And it's not the celebratory send-off of New Orleans or Ghana.

The churches and crematoria of the UK are accustomed to sincerity, a dignified croon and, with the exception of U2's With Or Without You, no electric guitars: the sounds are of pianos, strings and maybe a lightly-plucked acoustic.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 08:29 am
Mines simple really:

Cremate me and take me to the rocky mountains and let me loose there. Yeah... I like that idea. I guess if people wanted to be there for that it would be ok. Though I would suggest standing upwind of the spreading. Some music might be nice too. I would definitely want John Denver's "Rocky mountain high" playing in the background on a little boombox or something. I haven't really thought too much about it really. Though I don't really treasure the idea of being put in a box in the ground to be honest.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 08:56 am
I figure once I am dead it won't really matter what else gets done with me. I have started the inquiry part of donating my body to science. Of course that becomes null and void if I croak at home and am not discovered for several weeks. In that case I get turned over to some bureaucratic agency for dissection to determine cause of death. I just figure it would be nice for those medical students and researchers to have a go at the workings of a fine specimen such as myself.

I used to have the desire for cremation but that leaves the puzzlement of where to strew the ashes. One method I have suggested is to place the ashes on some fan blades then turn the fan on and let me go anywhere and everywhere.

Ah, just do as you want...after all, I'll be dead.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:08 am
Right sturgis, I agree. Though that doesn't leave much of anything for the mourners who are left behind I guess. Someone could do a memorial service I suppose, if they wanted to. I can see why people like to be buried. Then their relatives have a place to go visit, leave flowers, and such. I don't know though. Like you said, I'm dead, so I don't suppose it will matter much to me anyway.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 11:29:19