It’s one of those nights when the moon casts a shadow

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 11:04 pm
It's one of those nights when the moon casts a shadow. Many shadows.

Everyone walks with a faint splash of no-color blue fanning out behind them.

I'd love to be out of this town, out of any town on this night. Moonlight on corn. Eek.

I bet its beautiful down in the desert tonight. That evening sweeping-out of the day's just-stale air has happened and the new air has settled over the canyon rivers. Rode in on wind that chases the setting sun over the horizon. In from the Colorado and New Mexico mountains, out toward the Pacific, carrying the dust and the seeds and the tumbling tumbleweeds and the dried, shiel-shaped Manzanita leaves with it.

The sun pulls the water in the ocean, too, but not as much as the moon does.

This just-waning moon, casting hazy shadows through the dank air that came up after yesterday's storms and might, maybe, leave with the morning dew.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 713 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 12:40 am
I dunno, but here at my house there is a lot of navy blue out the window...
though that was all a few hours ago.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 12:42 am
Yeah, but you've got a pond. You must have scared the moon off.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 02:50 am
Re: It's one of those nights when the moon casts a shadow
patiodog wrote:
It's one of those nights when the moon casts a shadow. Many shadows.

Everyone walks with a faint splash of no-color blue fanning out behind them.

I'd love to be out of this town, out of any town on this night. Moonlight on corn. Eek.

I bet its beautiful down in the desert tonight. That evening sweeping-out of the day's just-stale air has happened and the new air has settled over the canyon rivers. Rode in on wind that chases the setting sun over the horizon. In from the Colorado and New Mexico mountains, out toward the Pacific, carrying the dust and the seeds and the tumbling tumbleweeds and the dried, shiel-shaped Manzanita leaves with it.

The sun pulls the water in the ocean, too, but not as much as the moon does.

This just-waning moon, casting hazy shadows through the dank air that came up after yesterday's storms and might, maybe, leave with the morning dew.

Nice creation of atmosphere, patiodog.
Makes my feet feel itchy!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:13 am
Watch the ones that leave NO shadows.

You howled yet, Patio?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:50 pm
Lurvely, Pdog...... we couldn't see the moon last night. But, the night before was magical.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It’s one of those nights when the moon casts a shadow
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:43:24