9-year-old girl gives birth in Brazil

hamburger

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 05:41 pm
"...London - A 63-year-old child psychiatrist has become Britain's oldest mother after giving birth following fertility treatment, British media reported on Friday.

Patricia Rashbrook, from Lewes in southeast England, gave birth by Caesarian section to a baby son weighing 3kg, the BBC reported."

i guess new records have to be set in this crazy world Shocked !
i noticed that rashbrook's husband is only 61 ; she seems to like them young .
hbg

...BRITAIN'S OLDEST MOTHER...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 05:47 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Why the attack on Reyn?

He simply likes to post strange and unusual stories for everyone to read, and in hopes of sparking some sort of debate about the content.

[edit]

But, it isnt Reyn. He just shared the story.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I suspect the person just loves to be controversial, and was looking for reaction. I guess we satisfied his need today.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 05:49 pm
H, good story, thanks!

If I were a 63 year old woman, I would be concerned that I was giving birth to a healthy, normal baby.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 05:52 pm
Or this topic just really hurt him in a serious way and he couldn't understand someone bringing light to it.

Wich I can absolutely understand.

The last thing in the world I like to know about is the continuing rape and abuse of little kids.

What amazes me about this story is that the society that they are in, allowed him to marry her. And there was no tid-bit about him being punished for this crime??
IT actually sounds like it was considered OK..

but, that will get me on a diffrent tantrum all together , and this news story isn't the responsibility of the person who posts it.

It is the responsibility of the sick-o who thinks its ok to sleep with a 5 year old child..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 06:09 pm
Well, cultures other than the North American /European ones seem to have a lot different standards than we have. I've read other stories from various countries that shock me, but seem to be given the "blind eye" in their own.

The are a number of countries who's treatment of women (for example) are absolutely appalling. Stories of lighting them on fire, beating them up, for minor infractions. Yes, I realize we have our own problems "at home" here, but, in general terms, some countries have a long way to go to treating women decently and as true equals.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 06:19 pm
Reyn wrote:
I guess we satisfied his need today.

Her need.

and I hope you're right.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 12:17 am
Reyn wrote:
H, good story, thanks!

If I were a 63 year old woman, I would be concerned that I was giving birth to a healthy, normal baby.

In today's Obsever is a long report (page 5), online version:
Fertility clinic 'rip-off' fears
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 02:18 am
Amazing! I am still finding it hard to believe that girl was 3. That blows my mind.

Interesting that I should see this now. A friend of mine and I were just speaking about 'how much a person can take' and various reactions to stories that could be said to be disturbing.
We were discussing a book that was written about a young girl, 5, who was stolen from her apartment hall here in Winnipeg. She was crossing from one door to another. She was taken to the building out back and raped, tortured, and murdered.

Neither my friend nor I could read the book completely. It even had police photos.

We were discussing how: We both feel it is important to know these things happen. Not paying attention is not the way. However, there are some things you really just don't want to know bc of how deeply it can affect your view of people and the world.

I apologize for going off on a bit of a tangeant. It just hits me hard to see these stories. The sicko who could do that to the child in the story SheWolf is speaking of makes me feel the same way that book did.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 02:55 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I mean... come on.. how in the hell does this man validate sleeping with a 5 year old and then have the nerve to pose ' proudly' in a picture with his ""wife"" ?
Obviously there's no way to validate sleeping with a child, but the man in the picture was her Doctor, not her husband. Too weird. This means the Koran may be telling the truth about Muhammad's youngest wife. Shocked
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 05:13 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
This means the Koran may be telling the truth about Muhammad's youngest wife. Shocked

At those times - and afterward - it wasn't seldom at all: quite a few European queens etc got married at about that age and gave birth to children shortly afterwards. (During the early medieval time and earlier.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:49 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
I mean... come on.. how in the hell does this man validate sleeping with a 5 year old and then have the nerve to pose ' proudly' in a picture with his ""wife"" ?
Obviously there's no way to validate sleeping with a child, but the man in the picture was her Doctor, not her husband. Too weird. This means the Koran may be telling the truth about Muhammad's youngest wife. Shocked

oops...

I thought that was her 'husband'

she is married right?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 07:04 am
shewolfnm wrote:

she is married right?

According to snopes - who collected all avaible sources, I think - Lina and her husband currently reside in the "Little Chicago" district of Lima, Peru.

It doesn't say, however, that he is the father of the first child: "authorities were never able to determine who fathered Lina's child".
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 07:18 am
I'm sure it is because she is to scared to talk about it.

Wether or not a society ALLOWS people to choose such young brides, you would think that a human instinct would fall into place and give someone a gut reaction, if you will, that stops them from sleeping with a youngster who just cant talk about it.

That level of immaturity should stop any normal person in their tracks.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 07:43 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I'm sure it is because she is to scared to talk about it.

You surely can believe what you want. But according to the source it was different.

shewolfnm wrote:
Wether or not a society ALLOWS people to choose such young brides, you would think that a human instinct would fall into place and give someone a gut reaction, if you will, that stops them from sleeping with a youngster who just cant talk about it.

That level of immaturity should stop any normal person in their tracks.

Well, at least during/until the medieval time many societies had literally no other choice than getting children at a very early age: people died at the age of 20, 25.

Same was later in other societies.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 07:54 am
flushd wrote:
I apologize for going off on a bit of a tangeant.

When you visit one of my threads, you never have to worry about that. I welcome off-topic comments! Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 08:14 am
Miller wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
Reyn is my major source for keeping up with current events.

Perhaps you'll change your "mind" after you've completed the 8th grade.

uggg, baaa ggghhhaaaa, lalalalalalaaaaaaaaa.....
phttfffffftttt!

gug gug gug....

has anyone seen my safety helmet?

bump
bump
bump
bump
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:01 am
Chai Tea wrote:
uggg, baaa ggghhhaaaa, lalalalalalaaaaaaaaa.....
phttfffffftttt!

gug gug gug....

Was all that said in a Texan drawl? Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:34 am
From today's Manchester Evening News (17.07.2006, first edition, page 14):

Quote:

BY ALISON PURDY

TEENAGE girls who plan to get pregnant do so as a way to improve the quality of their lives, a report has found.

A study published by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation shows that girls as young as 13 see motherhood as preferable to working in a low-paid, dead-end job.

Far from the common assumption that teenage pregnancies result from irresponsibility or ignorance about contraception, some young girls actively choose to have a baby as a way to change their life and to gain independence and a new identity.

The research was carried out by the Trust for the Study of Adolescence and was based on interviews with 51 young mothers and fathers aged 13-22 living in six deprived areas of England.

Britain's teenage pregnancy rate is still the highest in Western Europe and 1st costs the government £63m a year.

The government has made reducing teenage conception rates a priority but policy has largely focused on unplanned, accidental teenage pregnancies and has given little attention to the fact that some teenagers see motherhood as the right decision for them.

Areas of poverty and disadvantage have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies. Girls from the poorest backgrounds are far most likely to become pregnant.

The study found that an unsettled background and bad experiences at school provided an impetus to change direction in life.

Only a minority of those questioned said they regretted the decision to have a child.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:02 am
Quote:
TEENAGE girls who plan to get pregnant do so as a way to improve the quality of their lives, a report has found.

[edit]

Areas of poverty and disadvantage have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies. Girls from the poorest backgrounds are far most likely to become pregnant.

Thanks for the article, Walter.

Surely though these pregnancies are only a means to an end to get welfare, etc? Probably many of the babies will have no fathers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:17 am
Reyn wrote:
Surely though these pregnancies are only a means to an end to get welfare, etc? Probably many of the babies will have no fathers.

I'm not sure if that may concluded. From yesterday's Independent on Sunday's report about this study:
Quote:
The research, funded by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, was based on interviews with 13- to 22-year-old mothers living in six deprived parts of Britain who had either taken a fatalistic attitude to getting pregnant by stopping taking contraception or who had actively planned to have a child with the support of their partners.

All the interviewees were well aware how to protect against pregnancy and were strongly anti-abortion. Nearly three-quarters were in steady relationships with the father of their child. Only a handful of girls said they regretted getting pregnant. The vast majority said their lives had improved after having children, that having a baby had "corrected" their deprived childhoods and turned them away from destructive behaviour such as drink and drug abuse.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 06:32:52