scary flashback

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 03:21 pm
I've never gotten into horror movies.. but I do remember reading a book of Hitchcock's, some compilation of scary short stories. There was this couple on an island.... a very mossy island, quite beautiful at first. Then they noticed the lichen growing on their toes... and then their ankles, and then....
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 04:49 pm
scary flashback
Oh my, yes, The Inner Sanctum! We used to listen with the lights out, five of us, huddled under the covers, and often a batch of small kittens snuggled down at our feet. It was only when the grownups were out that we had the chance to listen and to scare ourselves silly. That creeeeaking door - my blood still runs cold when I remember it!
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 04:54 pm
Anyone remember the video to Michael Jackson's "Thriller"? That was modestly traumatizing for me.

(I was trying to think of a joke to tie it into the present-day Michael Jackson, but there's too much material to work with... words fail me.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 05:39 pm
There was this commercial that freaked me out.

It was for Ring Dings. Those little chocolate covered cakes. I think they're called Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's in other areas of the country.

This commercial was like watching some Fellini film, it was so bizarre.

It was in black and white, and this kid, or maybe there were two, was sitting in this barrel or tube like thing and was rolling it around....kinda like the barrel in a fun house, only smaller and creepier.

All the while he's singing in this slow sing-song voice....I wish I had a Ring Ding, I wish I had a Ring Ding....Very Norman Bates-ish and Children of the Corn-like.

Freaky like Fellini picture.
http://www.federicofellini.it/images/imgContent/300_foto.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 05:48 pm
One thing that used to scare me was an image I saw in a dream.

Bear with me as my description may not bring about the right picture...

I was living in a small duplex with my mom and aunt, and i was about .. 8? 9? 3rd grade age..
anyway

I kept having this dream about a guy in a huge black hooded suit. Sort of like the image given to the Grimm Reaper. The black hood that comes over the face, and hangs down to the ground.. ?

Well this man would walk behind me in dreams and would scare me.

One night in my dream he was finally beside me and I wasn't too scared of him . So I looked over at his face and it was a black hole with bright green zeros for eyes. No face, a cold 'air' and a horrid dirty smell.

He leaned over to me and I could tell that there was nothing inside of the robe. but just these little glowing zeros .

I woke up in tears, and I have not dreamed about him since.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 10:39 pm
http://homepage2.nifty.com/charlie-exorcist/EXORCIST_Howdy_800x600.jpg

i watched the Exorcist on HBO way too many times when i was 11 or so.
and i would wait until they showed it late at night, and turn off all the lights... Shocked
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 10:54 pm
meridas wrote:
Great topic! When i was kid I remembering watching Land of the Lost and being scared of these guys (IDK what they are called):

http://www.landofthelost.com/images/lilenik.jpg

Yes ... Sleestak. Scared me too.

Another show that scared me was "Tales Of The Unexpected."
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 11:53 pm
Oh, this brings back soooo many pathetic memories. My imagination has always been too vivid for my own good, so I was easily susceptible to being spooked.

I remember three main things:

1. Skeletons. Even if it was a damn episode of Scooby Doo, if there was a skeleton in it, I freaked.

2. One particular episode of Punky Brewster. Seriously. It had these nasty giant spider things in a cave...Looking back now, I ask myself: why the hell was a Punky Brewster episode set in a cave with gigantic spiders???

3. An illustration in a book that I otherwise loved, The Diamond in the Window. I had to cover that page with my hand when I read it-- it was a picture of an awful grinning evil jack-in-the-box. Brrrr!

What a good topic! Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 08:44 am
cypher.....OK, let me get this straight. This.....

http://topkool.free.fr/images_seriestv/punkybrewster01.jpg

scared you more than THIS....?

Region Philbis wrote:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/charlie-exorcist/EXORCIST_Howdy_800x600.jpg

Laughing

Oh yeah, I had book that I had to cover the page because of some picture.....

Thinking of spiders, and oogy bugs in general....A girl friend and I were looking at an enclyopedia page or something with this really yucky hairy spider picture.

She said..."HEY! Do This!" and she touched her nose down on the page.

Try as I might, I couldn't make myself touch my nose to that picture. She was laughing and saying "It's just a piece of PAPER!" But I just couldn't do it. Later on, I'd try to do it to other yucky pictures....it's really HARD to do.

oh...RP, that picture from the Exorcist? I had never actually watched the whole thing because it was so scary. Just a couple of months ago I rented the DVD, because now I knew it would look pretty lame.

When I got to the part where that face flashed on the screen, I backed up and stopped on that part. Really, it looked pretty fake considering the context. BUT....That would have made me have a heart attack back in the 70's, what with not being able to see it at more than a glimpse.

Still, it IS pretty creepy.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:08 am
Well, apparently this....

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20060708/capt.sge.oqi87.080706161606.photo00.photo.default-512x343.jpg

.... scares some.

See HERE.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 04:53 pm
http://topkool.free.fr/images_seriestv/punkybrewster01.jpg

Oh, you can make fun, Chai....but that kid's fashion sense would freak anyone out.

Actually, to be perfectly honest.....

[size=8] I had a pair of Punky Brewster shoes.[/size]
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 05:25 pm
PUNKY BREWSTER SHOES!!!!!!

Shocked Laughing

Actually, that IS pretty scary.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 07:39 pm
I tried to find a piccie of the shoes so you could really appreciate the giant fashion faux pas that was me as a child, but I couldn't...Lots of mentions of them online, though, and I apparently wasn't the only one tragic enough to have had them.

But the worst part is....I loved them so much, my parents bought me TWO PAIRS so I could have them twice as long!! Shocked

Okay, back to the thread topic now....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 08:02 pm
nooooo, anything but clowns. My childhood was a blur of events punctuated by CLOWNS. Im still weirded out by the damn things.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:02 pm
mags314 wrote:
I remember a movie called "Trilogy of Terror" that featured Karen Black. There was a doll in it that chopped her up, I think. Really terrifying

OH!! That was terrifying. It was a little person/creature that ran around like a rat.

IT WAS FAST!!! And it had sharp teeth.

That freaked me out for weeks.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:36 pm
I read the abridged, illustrated version of Kidnapped when I was very young. After that, I kept imagining myself on steps that led to nowhere.

Quote:
David's uncle Ebenezer asks David to bring down a chest from the side-tower of the house. David agrees, but finds the stairway pitch-dark. He goes forward anyway, while a storm rages outside.There is a bolt of lightning, and he suddenly sees that the steps end at the top! He could easily have fallen to his death. He goes back down the stairs and outside and discovers his uncle waiting, miserably
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:54 pm
Clowns - scary -

Wonder if that is why Stephen King used a clown as a killer in one book. Penny Wise. I used to draw pictures of what I thought Penny Wise would look like (way before the pathetic TV movie series).
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:56 pm
[size=7]Pet Semetary scared me. I'm embarassed. I was in my 30s. Horrifying.[/size]
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 03:22 pm
Lash wrote:
[size=7]Pet Semetary scared me. I'm embarassed. I was in my 30s. Horrifying.[/size]

Oh sweetie, Pet Semetary was on the TV the day my husband fell face first into his spaghetti and had a seizure due to arrythmia's....I don't think I'll be watching that one anytime soon....he wouldn't eat spaghetti for 2 years.

Nothing's too small to be freaked out about, expecially when you're little.

We've all laughed some at these posts, but I'm finding it rather cathartic. Every few posts someone will say something that makes me realize...hey! me too!

Good Lord, our kitchen was painted this ghastly pink, you know, the kind that looks even worse when flourescent lights from th 60's were lighting the room?

Once when I was home sick, probably 8 or 9 and I got up at 6:30 or 7PM, (it always seemed you felt worse then) and walked into this horrible room, and I just had the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach....like the room was evil or something.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » scary flashback
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:25:23