WHY DO WELL EDUCATED PEOPLE BELIEVE ABSURD THINGS?

Badboy

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 07:26 am
I hope I am posting in right forum!

I have noticed that some well educated people seem to believe absurd things.

EG well educated muslims believe conspiracy theories about 9/11.

The well educated NAZI governor of POLAND believed that mass murder would be a civilizing influence!

What makes well educated people believe absurd things?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 424 • Replies: 4
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 07:42 am
Brainwashing and a longing to 'not be in charge' anymore.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 02:40 pm
How stupid is the notion that the answer to the energy problem is invading a Middle East country and making war.

Brainwashing is a curious term, and most people think it only occurs in authoritarian or totalitarian countries like China or Soviet Russia. Brainwashing is simply a message repeating over and over again while the person is in a suggestible state of mind. For instance, watching a very dramatic television program and being in a highly emotional state of mind. Then comes the commercial. The message is implanted to a certain extent.

In our first four years of life or so we are constantly in an emotional state of mind with an inadequate or imcompletely developed intellect. Messages inculcated or repeated often are set deeply into the mind of the developing child. That's why religions and totalitarian systems like to get them young; the message is forever implanted though not inextricably implanted.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 04:03 am
My brother(university educated) thinks that if I got a job ,his taxes would go down(come to think of it ,that a bit absurd!)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 04:15 pm
There is a difference between being educated and being intelligent.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WHY DO WELL EDUCATED PEOPLE BELIEVE ABSURD THINGS?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 07:46:54