1

open a franchise in China

ai

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:10 am
my frined wanna join in some brand franchise to open a shop in China ,like KFC, Mc Donal, Levi's ,,,anyway, we've got these in China already.
anyone here can give us some advises will be appreciated .
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,999 • Replies: 1

pejsata

2  
Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 10:23 am
@ai,
Well, even though I'm new to franchising myself, I've always been advised to observe others who decided to walk this path. A good friend of mine has started his own franchise about three years ago and according to him the key is to look into the franchise disclosure document that your franchisor should provide that will list all franchisees past and present - including the ones who “terminated” or sold, making it easy to chase them up and answer whatever questions You may have about the particular market. It should help You effectively observe whether the existing franchisees are welcoming and if they work together effectively. Then, once You've gathered enough intel, the decision should come to You naturally.