[B]just loadown some material for the exam?[/B]

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 04:06 am

Many student do so here in the university.
They think it takes them much trouble to write
a paper. Besides, elective subjects aren't so important.
But can we just enjoy ourselves in some classes.
Write our own opinions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 831 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 09:13 am
Melody,

Being able to participate in the A2K site is a wonderful opportunity for students in non-English speaking countries. Here you can make friends that only a few years ago you would never have met. A2K is visited by many people who have expertise, and who are willing to share their knowledge and opinions. Its a place to practice you English, and get help from native speakers on improving your ability. Today, I'm going to try to help answer the question you asked, and try to help you express yourself better in English.

Students everywhere tend to be lazy. They would rather have fun than to study. Education is not something you can get easily. The more practice you have writing papers for school, the better you will be able to write. "Practice makes Perfect". Before a student can write Easiest is "noun", "verb", "object". Nouns are often the subject of the sentence, the "verbs" are what action was taken, and the "object" is what was acted upon.

"Many student do so here in the university." This is an incomplete sentence. What is missing is a word/term to explain what "many students" do at the university. Like this: Many students download their assigned work in our university.

Your next sentence is pretty good. "They think it takes them too much trouble to write a paper". I've just added the "too" meaning excessive that English speakers would expect.

The next sentence is easily understood.

Generally its bad form to begin a sentence with "But", or "And". This is how I would have written the sentence: "Cannat we just enjoy ourselves in some classes, and write our own opinions?" The question mark needs to be used at the end of each sentence that is a question. Sort of like saying "ma" in Mandarin to clearly indicate the sentence is a question.

Actually, you are doing pretty good in English. English is a difficult language and is filled with exceptions to the rules. English has absorbed words and terms from many other languages; sometimes those foreign words/terms get subtly changed when they enter English. We use a lot of slang terms that aren't easily translated without losing the sense of the slang term.

Keep studying. As I'm sure your teachers have said many times, "you are the future of China". China is entering a critical period in its modern history. Learn everything you can, and be prepared to lead.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 12:12 pm
yes!!
A2K is really a good place!!
0 Replies