What did you play when you were a child?

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 01:37 am
When I was a child,I remember, I liked getting close to the nature.I didn't want to stay at home for another second.I liked to play mud, although I knew clearly that it was dirty.I liked to pick the marvelous flowers in my grandfather's garden,then made them into "dishes".I liked to take an adventure.Actually,we just climbed hills a lot.But in a child's eyes,it was full of mysterious.We also liked to pretend to be an adult.We made up ourselves,behaved like a teacher ,an assistant ,something like that...It is so colorful!
What about your games in your childhood?Would you like to share it with me? Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 923 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 08:24 am
Gosh - I had a vivid imagination when I was a child. I also liked to get dirty - dirt/mud, play hard. Lots of imagitive play - pretend you were superheros, army men whatever.

Then the usual games: tag, hide and seek and variations of those games.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 10:08 am
I can remember making mud pies.I played with dolls and made clothes for them.Also played ball games outside.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 03:32 pm
We had lots of games. Outside games included mud pies, swinging, climbing the big tree in our back yard, exploring the empty field next door, playing in the sprinklers in our swimsuits, and catching fireflies. Indoors we had checkers, cards, bingo, board games, dolls, dress up, and tons of crafts projects. And always, always....reading.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 03:37 pm
I was fortunate enough to live in a neighborhood with access to woodland to explore and a very bumpy meadow which provided space for all sorts of ball games.

Rainy day games: Jigsaw puzzles, putting together plays, monopoly, checkers, chess, Scrabble, Clue...all manner of board games.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 03:41 pm
Ohhh, let's see...

We played hopscotch and jacks and jumped rope and climbed trees and rode our bikes and rollerskated. We had pogo sticks and hula hoops and played football and baseball and dodge ball, tag and hide and go seek. If there was a fat kid around, a rare thing in those days, it was genetic.

Does anyone remember 'bollo bats'? Those little wooden paddles with the rubber ball attached by a rubber band? So simple, it's almost idiotic now but we'd entertain ourselves, having contests and races, for hours with them.

As Eva said above, when it rained or during the Winter, we played cards, gin rummy, pittypat and tunk mostly, and checkers and Monopoly and Mystery Date. We had our dolls and we did each others' hair and polished fingernails and played top 40 records on portable record players. I was an artist so I drew and drew and drew on the endless supply of thick paper pads my father provided. Or my nose was buried in a book or magazine.

TV was watched only in the evening or when you were sick and had to stay inside.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 10:09 am
Remember all the varieties of tag?

Tag last and Stoop Tag and Statues and ....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 10:53 am
I remember "Statues" Laughing .

Along with playing those top 40 records, we practiced the latest dances, the swim and the boogaloo and the monkey and the horse and the dog and the jerk. That was another entire afternoon spent in constant movement, twisting and swimming and boogalooing. I've been trying to remember having any fat children in school. There were a few chubby ones that I recall but, fat children back then truly were a rarity. Or does my memory deceive me?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 11:25 am
Baseball

Hop-Scotch

Yo-Yo games

Dice

Bikes

Rover...Rover...can Sally come over!

Show and tell

Hide and go seek

Club House

Super Noodle Club
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 11:28 am
material girl wrote:
I can remember making mud...

I never made mud pies, but I remember "digging to China"! We also filled ballons with water and threw them at each other.

Do you remember squirt guns?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 03:48 pm
Oh yeah! Or just being ambushed by a renegade (usually one of the "big boys" in the neighborhood) with a water hose.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 05:29 pm
Ring around the Icebox.
0 Replies

meridas

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 07:10 pm
Miller wrote:
material girl wrote:
I can remember making mud...

I never made mud pies, but I remember "digging to China"! We also filled ballons with water and threw them at each other.

Do you remember squirt guns?

My cousin and I were digging to China in our Nana's yard. Our friend was sick with chickenpox up in his window watching us. We promised to bring him back a souvenir from China. :-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 07:47 pm
My sons as toddlers played with some ex-pate English toddlers whose mother was terribly geographically disadvantaged.

Those deprived children had to dig to Australia, not to China.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 07:53 pm
We had a dried-out pond that was filled with a solid mass of some sort of weed that made a wonderful labyrinth. The weeds would flatten out as you ran over them, so we had miles of intricate paths and secret rooms.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 09:07 pm
We used to run in the fog behind the bug-spray truck <twitch>.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What did you play when you were a child?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 02:13:45