My UFO Story

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
I have no doubt that many people see, or think they see, objects, or what they think are objects, which are flying, or which they think are flying, and which they are then and subsequently unable to identify. I do not doubt that on such a basis, there certainly are unidentified flying objects. That is not a basis to assert that one has seen a "flying saucer," or otherwise has evidence of an alien visitation.

That's pretty much my exact same speech on said subject....so a good old fashioned ditto is in order....even if it's over a year old.
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
timberlandko wrote:

Might "The others" just detatchedly observe us? Possibly, but if so, why should we assume we might be able to detect their presence, if their intent were to be that they remain unknown to us? As long as we're playing with assumptions, it would be reasonable to assume any technology sophisticated enough to get here from some other civilization from somewhere out there in the stars would be equal to the task of remaining hidden to us if that is what "They" wished to do. Equally, perhaps even more, reasonable to assume, would be that a starfaring civilizations' encounter with another civiliation in the vastness of space might be cause for considerable fanfare and eagerness to meet and get to know the new neighbors.

I think a sophisticated race, which is able to voyage to other solar systems deals with us like we do with depauperate species.
For example, rats in a lab dont know what the scientist plan. They never have the chance to find out what are their intentions. Most of them, even don't know that there are men and women in white mantles.

If there is an alien race examining us, it would be fairly similar. Of course they wouldn't appear in a large city like NY and proudly present, that they are here, so a study of our behaviour would be impossible.
But they wouldn't be concerned with hiding themselves at any price.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:39 am
Purely from a scientific viewpoint; there are 40 stars within 16 light years* of the Earth. Ward & Brownlee comment that in the same space in a globular cluster, there might be 1000 or more. "The M15 globular cluster has some 30,000 stars packed into a space only 28 light-years across."

*299 792 458 m / s

Assuming they can travel at that speed, don't you think that before their return they would stop for a lube check, replace all their light bulbs and go to the washroom?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My UFO Story
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:27:52