I had an encounter one day
that I felt was just for the birds.
In describing the other person
at a loss, was I, for words.

Nothing I said seemed to fit
no insult to her could I tether
I sat and thought and thought a bit more
till I thought of her as a heffa

We've all come across a heffa or two in our daily living - maybe even more than one a day. Tell me of your heffa encounters (pretty please).

Note: a heffa can be

1-anyone that does something that annoys your or is just plain WRONG.
2-family members are not exempt from heffa status. Anyone recall the thread about my brother going off and getting married and not telling his family? HE was quite the heffa for doing that...

Smile heffa stories go!

If you have a heffa enounter tomorrow, come back and tell me about it.

*this thread based on the multiple use of 'heffa' in the 'nosy co-workers' thead*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 582 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 03:33 pm
I got one for ya.

I was on the phone with Sony yesterday morning, trying to get the DVD player to work, and the clerk on the other end wanted my email address.

Me: You don't need that, you're talking to me on the phone and we are not exchanging emails.
Him: (sighs) I'll just note that in your file.

WTF? So now I have a permanent record with Sony, just like in elementary school, because I failed to roll over and let them spam me?

PS He did not fix the problem, and I will have to call them back. Argh. Heffa.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 09:41 am
I ran into a heffa at the gym yesterday, and thinking about writing about her heffa-dom here was cheering at the time. :-)

She was on one of the ellipticals -- usually there is at least one available but yesterday for some reason every one was taken. So I was trudging along on the treadmill and waiting. There is a 30-minute limit and I had an hour, so figured that worst-case I'd get a 30-minute workout on the ellipical. There were a few exchanges that I wasn't fast enough for -- I'd see someone get off, then I'd stop the treadmill and start wiping it down and poof, someone else would be on the empty elliptical. Dammit. So she was the only one left, and she'd been there a LONG time. I decided to take a little stroll behind the machines and see what kind of time period I was looking at before I could get a chance, (there is a time display, how long they've already gone), and she had a book over it so that nobody could see. When she finally got off, it read 50 minutes.

Heffa.

(In L.A. I got into an actual shoving match -- my only one as an adult, I think -- over this. There was something like a 20-minute limit on the treadmills and this one woman kept going and going, with a bunch of people waiting. Other people on the treadmills stopped and people ahead of me in the waiting hierarchy got on other ones, but she kept going. When I was the next person up and there was still nothing available but her machine read 45 mins or something, I got pissed. It was in front of a bank of mirrors, and I stood there glaring at her in the mirror. She glared back. I pointed at the clock. She sneered. I took a step closer to her. Her eyes widened. Then she rolled her eyes and stopped. I stayed where I was. On her way off, she purposely bumped me. I reflexively bumped her back, hard so she staggered back a bit. She looked scared and backed off. Heffa.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 09:53 am
There are Heffas and then there are Mad Cows.

Good for you, Soz.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 05:19 pm
I'm bumping this thread up because there are 2 heffas at my job and I KNOW there are more heffas out there....especially with all the new (to me) faces around a2k Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 05:33 pm
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 11:43 am
Took a flight from DFW to Tulsa late last night, a young soldier returning from Iraq was boarding with us. We had talked to him for about 20 minutes in the waiting area. He just finished his second tour there, would be home for maybe a year, then go back again if needed.

He talked about huge spiders ("camel spiders") in his tent at night, 123-degree temperatures, blowing sand feeling like sandpaper on his skin, sometimes sleeping in 2' ditches. His specialty was finding and disarming locally-made explosive devices. They found them hidden behind posters of Saddam with a trip wire, so that when soldiers would rip down the poster, it would go off. Newly-filled potholes in roads were prime spots for hiding homemade bombs. They were everywhere...the number one cause of US casualties. His job was unbelievably dangerous but critically necessary.

He stood in the waiting area, talking to us animatedly, but never relaxing from his regulation "at ease" stance with his hands behind his back. After this 15-month tour, I figured it would take him some time to remember how to really relax. He was traveling alone, going home to a small town not far from Tulsa. The flight wouldn't land until midnight. I asked him if someone was meeting him at the airport. "Yes, the US government," he said. "They'll take me home...or probably to a USO for the night." I told Hubby, and we offered to drive him ourselves, but he resolutely refused.

As he boarded the plane, a couple of people in first class grabbed his hand to shake it or patted him on the back. "Good to have you home, son," one man said. "Thank you for supporting us, sir," the soldier replied enthusiastically.

Then he came to the heffa.

"Don't go back over there!" the skinny, 60ish man said. The soldier said, "I'll be home for a year, then I'll go wherever they send me." "Don't do it! Don't go!" the man repeated, then, "I hate this damn war!" Right to the soldier's face, he spat it.

The soldier didn't respond again, but a very large woman sitting across the aisle from him did. "You're entitled to your opinion, sir, but we don't want to hear it. Please keep your mouth shut!" This, of course, only further infuriated the loudmouth, who started ranting about Bush and his stupid war and...and...dying boys...and...

Several more passengers told him to shut up as the soldier quietly passed by and found his seat a few rows back. Fortunately, a flight attendant had heard this and started coming towards us up the aisle. The loudmouth saw her clench her jaw, knew trouble was coming, and shut up. (Thank God. Another minute and there would've been a fist fight.)

I looked back at the young soldier. He had a weary, depressed look on his face. I gave him a thumbs-up and he brightened a little, then turned and looked out his window.

Nobody talked to the loudmouth for the rest of the flight. We all ignored him. Even the flight attendants. Guy couldn't even get a drink of water.

Served him right. What a heffa.

I mean, nobody likes the war anymore, but there's a time and place for debate and this, most certainly, WASN'T it.

That was about 12 hours ago. I wonder if the soldier has made it home yet. I wonder if anyone is there to greet him.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 12:41 pm
Oh no, Eva. He wasn't a heffa. Dumb stupid bastard is a better description for that clown. But I think/hope our soldier felt well buffered from the support that you and the rest of passengers bestowed upon him.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 12:47 pm
what an @$$hole.
that really pisses me off
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The heffa encounters
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 01:02:15