Alarming Message Concerning Cell Phones

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:36 pm
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

My sister sent me an alarming message: Cell phone companies are about to declare open season on your privacy, by allowing unrestricted telemarketing, unless you call this number and have yourself place on a no calls list. _ _ _

Well, I am gullible and sent it on to many friends and acquaintances. Sorry, folks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 212 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:43 pm
I love Snopes. I wish all my friends who send me "Save NPR" and "They are going to tax the Internet" and "Little Lilla is Missing" missives would just check things out before pressing Forward.

I also wish they would put my email address in the BCC slot.

Joe(but but but it sounds so true that Gateway is giving away free computers to anyone who forwards this message fifty times.)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:55 pm
At least I do use the BCC slot, Joe.

I try to be aware, but, there are times when someone who is usually level headed sends me this crap, and I forget to be critical, until too late.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 02:48 pm
My dad zapped his computer following the instructions in one of those messages...

A manual virus!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 04:29 pm
Re: Alarming Message Concerning Cell Phones
edgarblythe wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

My sister sent me an alarming message: Cell phone companies are about to declare open season on your privacy, by allowing unrestricted telemarketing, unless you call this number and have yourself place on a no calls list.

Edgar, why do you think that people circulate such stupid untruths such as this? It seems like such a useless thing to do.

Perhaps it's the same bunch that send computer viruses?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:32 pm
All I know is, they send them to well meaning folks, who naively panic and then mail them. I have been fooled this way about three or four times.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Alarming Message Concerning Cell Phones
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 10:32:11