Vivid dreams last night.... Feel free to ignore.

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:00 am
I don't usually remember my dreams, but last night was quite the show....

Started off normally, in the mall, thought I'd lost something, found some jewelry and took it to the lost and found.

I walk off and discover I still have a ring in my pocket. Dream logic provides the information that this is a key. (My subconscious was stealing from Lois McMaster Bujold at this point, or possibly Heinlein....)

Next thing I know, I'm using the key to get inside a secret compound, then I get launched into space on a giant generational spaceship. Sheesh.

We're being chased, of course, but we manage to evade the pursuers.

While skiing on the mountain inside the habitat, I discover that one of the species brought along (lemurs or somesuch) is sentient, and quite good with tools. (Thank you, Niven and Pournelle.) We make friends, I thought, but then they steal some technology and escape from the habitat.

Later, these creatures bring back the stormtroopers that were chasing us. (Thank you, George Lucas.) An epic battle is fought, and we win only because the abominable snowmen turn out to hate stormtroopers. (Wookies, anyone?)

At the end of the dream we're playing a big role-playing game on the holodeck. (Thank you, Star Trek) If only Hollywood could make special effects that were as good as those in my brain.

I just wish my dream were less derivative....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 460 • Replies: 10
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:09 am
Fun! Did you watch "Star Wars" before going to bed?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:06 am
Sounds like a great night! I love having vivid adventurous dreams. I have them frequently and consider it a form of entertainment - if only my "real" life was so interesting.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:32 am
eoe wrote:
Fun! Did you watch "Star Wars" before going to bed?

That's the weird part, no I did not. Maybe my brain is jonesing for some SF.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:36 am
I had a horrible nightmare.

I had this wacko little invisible kid...finally dumped it in a trunk of some passerby.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:37 am
That's what happens when you have transparent eyelids.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 11:36 am
Laughing

The other night I dreamt that my good friend and I were shopping in Marshall Field's in Chicago. We were both wearing beautiful shoes, pumps, which neither of us would wear to shop in. She was trying on shoes and I found myself trying on hats and looking at my reflection in the mirror. It was also very vivid, I remember that her shoes were black and mine were a tan suede and the hat that I was trying on was a forest green.
Reading in a book of interpretations, wearing a fine new hat denotes the attainment of wealth and admiration. But I think the fact that I was only 'trying it on' is saying something else.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:02 pm
God help me if anyone successfully analyzes my dreams....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:49 pm
That's why it's fun. There's no definitive answer. Could be this...could be that.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:39 pm
Ignore? It's the first thread I went for.....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:53 pm
Some vivid dreams can be both sustaining and comforting.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Vivid dreams last night.... Feel free to ignore.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:20:18