Naugahyde/vinyl repair?

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 08:48 am
We just took delivery a couple days ago of a brand new, made just for us, U-shaped Diner Booth....Great camel color. This was the last big piece of furniture we bought!

We knew it was too narrow to bring in the door without taking off the framing...and it was still 1/2 inch too big (today the picture windows coming out and it'll be brought in through there).

When my husband and a friend were trying to bring in through the door, in got a approx 7" cut in the Naugahyde.....omg he was devestated, he's really been looking forward to getting this.

ANYWAY....We know there's DYI repair kits and so forth, but since it's brand spanking new, we both decided to let a professional to it.

Is this a really expensive proposition?

Has anyone had this done who can give a ballpark figure?

Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of the end results soon (or one of these days Rolling Eyes ) It really looks great.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,396 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 09:12 am
Re: Naugahyde/vinyl repair?
Chai Tea wrote:
I am NOT a mummy!
I'm INVISIBLE dammit.

Someone say something?

I coulda sworn.....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 09:21 am
'Mummy' Accused of Robbing Miss. Bank

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Jackson police have not said whether a suspect arrested Friday on firearms charges is the man who wore bandages like a mummy when he walked into a bank, jumped the counter, stuffed his clothes with money and escaped on foot.

Montaries Brooks, 26, of Jackson, was being questioned Friday night regarding the robbery and was charged as a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He was being held Saturday in the Hinds County Detention Center.

Police arrested Brooks shortly before noon Friday at an apartment, where a SWAT team had converged shortly after the bank robbery. Sgt. Joseph Wade said the robber walked into the Trustmark Bank on Terry Road, wearing bandages about 10 a.m.

"He was fully bandaged," Wade said, including his face and arms. "The only things they could see were his eyes and lips. He asked a teller for help, then jumped over the counter and began taking money out of the drawer," Wade said.

The robber, who Wade said never showed a weapon, stuffed the money into his clothes and ran. Police would not disclose how much money was stolen.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 11:07 am
OKaaaaaay.....

slight glitch here....

We had 4 men taking out the picture window, 8 feet by 4 feet.

Or, at least it WAS.....

yes indeedy.

3 week special order. Plywood covering until then.

I heard my husband say..."here we go..." so it jumped up from the computer to watch, just in time to see the glass bending ever so slightly.

Thank God no one was hurt.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:04 am
I'm definitely not an expert in the world of naugahyde, but my first instinct would be to get in touch with the manufacturer - as they've got the stuff in hand - in bulk.

Confused on the window
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:23 am
ehBeth wrote:
I'm definitely not an expert in the world of naugahyde, but my first instinct would be to get in touch with the manufacturer - as they've got the stuff in hand - in bulk.

Confused on the window

Thanks for the input ehBeth...here's an update (in case it happens you anyone else)

It's not so much having the material if it's a slit, it's meading, fusing it back together.

I called a couple of upholstery places this morning, and one really nice guy said to concentrate more on Automotive seat repair places....duh Rolling Eyes why didn't I think of that?

Anyway, I've got a couple of feelers out, and my husband is going to call a couple places he knows.

The thing is, we obviously need someone to come to the house, the booth weighs 350 pounds.

As far as the window, lord, I'm sure I made my husband sound like such a clultz....he isn't, it's what he did/does for a living.

Stuff like this just happens.

Actually, we talked about the window last night, and instead of having this 8 x 4 picture window, we're going to go with having 3 regular windows side by side.

BTW the booth looks FANTASTIC!!!!

It's a camel color, and much more comfortable than I thought it would be. I can just see us setting there having a cup of coffee and talking....sigh, how romantic. That just sounds so nice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Naugahyde/vinyl repair?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:32:59