cleaning out my computer

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:35 pm
I finally ordered a new computer today so I've been going through word files/images and stuff I want to save and deleting everything else before I give away this old one, anyway I ran across this old word file that I don't remember.

Quote:
While i may be charged with being prejudiced, and prejudiced i certainly am. I am prejediced against tyranny over both humanity and nature. I am prejudiced against sacred cows, the favorite pets of tyrants. I am prejudiced in favor of democracy and nature. I am prejudiced in favor of an equitable and settled domesetic life. I am prejudiced in favor of wild creatures and their wild habitats. I am prejudiced in favor of charitable relations between humanity and nature. I am prejudiced on behave of the personal proprietorship of land, of proper property. I am prejudiced in the cause of private landowners, small farmers and small ranchers. But my prejudice is balanced by another kind i call public property, not "government land", but as wild land, wild property, that belongs fo everybody, inculding the wild creatures native to it. I understand the the likelihood of one kind of property is not safe without the other. You canno lose you land and remain free, if you keep your land, you cannot be enslaved. My great fear is is the fear of dispossession. There is not longer any honest way to deny that a way of living that our leaders continue to praise is destroying all that our country is and all the best that it means. If i am to keep the sanctity of my property that i am indebted to keep the sanctity of "public" property for when i allow public property to be ursurped for the "common good" i likewise allow the ursupation of my personal property. If we as a nation to not keep the faith of protector of what is wild in nature we will lose the faith in what is our own personal freedom.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 381 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:43 pm
I was going to say be certain to dispose of the cleanup in an environmentally safe manner. But I don't think that is a sentiment you want to toss out.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:43 pm
and this; (apparently from an a2k thread)

Quote:
In the realm of political discourse such as this thread on patriotism one can find resonance or amplification. A choir is the unified expression of voices resonating with each other; a loudspeaker is the amplification of a single voice (idea) excluding all others. A bell resonates, a cannon amplifies. We listen of the bell or we are silenced by the cannon. When a single voice (idea) is sufficiently amplified, it becomes a speaking that makes it impossible for any other voices to be heard. We do not listen to a loudspeaker for what is being said, but only because it is all that is being said. "I am right" speech that excludes differences is amplified speech; it is speech that silences. Loudspeaking is a mode of command, and therefore speech designed to bring itself to an end as completely and as swiftly as possible. The amplified voice seeks obedient action on the part of listeners with the attendant end to their speech. There is no possibility of conversation with a loudspeaker. Ideology is the amplification of an idea; It is the assumption that since the beginning and end of history are known there is nothing left to say. History is therefore to be obediently lived out according to the offered ideology. When one requests, by loudspeaker, that all must agree (patriotism by fiat) the bells are again melted down to make more cannon to silence those to wish to speak.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:57 pm
Quote:
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it
Mark Twain
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:02 pm
I promise not to get drunk the next time we meet.

Joe(Those must be the longest posts by you ever)Nation
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:08 pm
Environmental Policy
the world is our crib, don't **** in it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:15 pm
more poop
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » cleaning out my computer
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 06:26:55