A girly thing

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:47 am
Well I used it on my legs, but some hair came off some didn't. Perhaps I just wasn't patient enough to leave it on long enough - possibly because it smelled so bad.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 01:33 pm
How about using one of these?

http://images.oldhouseweb.com/stories/bitmaps/13085/sander1.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 02:13 pm
I have a lot of hair on my arms, and I use Nair to take it off.

The new formula only takes 5 minutes.

It actually doesn't smell bad now, like it did years ago, and you can always mouth breath for 5 minutes.

It smells like melon and cucumber lotion, and leaves my arms soft and smooth. Doesn't burn the skin at all.

I'd try that mg....even if you had to use it every couple of days, it's only 5 minutes.

Do they sell nair in england?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 04:33 pm
I've tried a couple of chemical depilatories on my back. Nair worked OK, don't remember the other brand. Bothe actually caused the hair to fall out by the root, which means that the hairs are very fine when they start to grow back.

The reason for the old wives tale about hair growing back thicker after shaving is because of the wide follicles growing back out.

So, wax or depillate, and just do it again when the hair grows to long.

Or use laser hair removal, for which you have to let the hair grow out for a little while.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 04:55 pm
I never thought of this as a problem for pre-menopausal woman, learn somethin' new everyday. I would assume what works for an older woman would work for a younger one. I know a couple of women who used electrolysis to permanently remove unwanted facial hair. It takes a few treatments, but once done it stays done. You can get a referral from a dermatologist. The chemical stuff sounds nasty.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 05:56 pm
Electrolysis is SO last Wednesday...

Lasers are the way to go now....

However, it's not as simple as go in, get them zapped, and that's it.

See, lasers, electrolysis can only kill the root of a hair that is actually in it's growth phase.

At any one time, I seem to remember that only 20-30% of your hair is in an actual growth phase....that's why you have to go back for several visits, and they like to time them out like every 3 or 4 weeks, to try to get the next cycle.

Facial hair is VERY embarrassing to me. Unforntunately, I got my fathers genes in that dept., and he was a very hirsute man.

Laser treatment is ok, I had it done a few years ago, I think I may go back for another series one of these days. Just not a priority right now. For now I just run a razor blade over it in the morning, I don't have a problem with stubble. GOD! I cannot BELIEVE I'm telling everyone all this....I guess everyone has their sensitive area, and excess hair is mine. It's just so unfeminine and ugly.

It's just an ongoing thing for some people I think.

I think it's cool all the guys are responding with help.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:04 pm
OK I admit I still refer to the CD thingy as "the record player" and I sometimes call my computer "the machine" - so shoot me. Go with the lasers MG.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:11 pm
Chai, did something go wrong this morning? Did you try a new product?

Shocked

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/1126654758447f529e186b6.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:16 pm
mg, are there any Middle Eastern salons in your area? find out if someone there does sugaring or threading.

both approaches have a similar result to waxing but with no blotchiness, and usually no discomfort (depends what your pain threshold is like) - and best of all no nasty chemicals on your skin
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:27 pm
Oh, BTW - you don't have to let your hair grow out for lasers either. That was for electrolysis.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 02:14 am
Chai, I know how you feel.You have my every sympathy.
Yes we have Nair, never tried it on my face tho.

Il look into laser treatment.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:40 am
Just try the nair first....I think you'll be completely satisfied for the time being, really.

I would suggest you mouth breath though so as not do breath in the chemicals.

laser hair removal is expensive.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:43 am
I used that louis marcel stuff that my mum had, Ive looked for it in shops but cant find any!!
Hope i find some before I run out!

I think I need sensitive stuff, maybe nair would be bad for me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:23 am
material girl wrote:
I used that louis marcel stuff that my mum had, Ive looked for it in shops but cant find any!!
Hope i find some before I run out!

I think I need sensitive stuff, maybe nair would be bad for me.

well, maybe it won't....one won't know until one tries it.

I did already say it left my arms soft smooth and not irritated, didn't I?

try it on a small area first, as i'm sure the packaging describes.

sometimes mg.....you ask for advice, and then shoot down anything that's offered without even trying. for cying out loud, put some of it on an inch of skin on your leg or arm and see what happens.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:33 am
Are your bandages too tight?What was that outburst for.

Im just worried about trying stuff incase I go red and blotchy/my skin dissolves.Do Nair do creme for the face?There are different types.
I have tried Nair before, I think on my legs, and it didnt stick in my mind as brilliant.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A girly thing
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:31:00