Chinese education?!

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 12:47 am
What do you think about the education system in China?
As a Chinese ,I HATE it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 920 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:28 am
I doubt there's many non-Chinese people who will know enough about it to have an opinion.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:36 am
fleurdelis- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

What is it that you don't like about the Chinese way of education?

If you could change the system, what changes would you make?
0 Replies

fleurdelis

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 12:42 am
About the Chinese education system
Under the Chinese education system students have no private space at all!I think it cuts the throat of our invention to some degree.If I can change this system I will give them more free and develop their own interests.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 09:37 am
I wouldn't be too surprised if many students in the United States would make similar complaints and criticisms of our system. Doubtless, the U.S. educational system is much less authoritarian than the Chinese system, but students always want to control the classroom instead of the teachers.

Here the grading system tends to be pretty flexible, and few students are ever failed unless they really resist the system. Our system is less politically doctrinaire than in most parts of the world, and we have more classes that don't require a whole lot of intellectual effort. The result, some claim, is that American students are often deficient in the fundamental skills expected of a literate person. Oh the other hand, these kids tend to be technologically innovative and savy. They watch a lot of television and that warps their conceptions of reality, though it also broadens their knowledge base on some subjects.

There were two important Stoic philosophers in ancient Rome. One was the Emperor Marcus Aurelius, and the other a slave named Epicitus. Epicitus' master becoming upset with his slaves fame began to beat him on the legs with a heavy stick. "If you aren't careful, Master, you will damage your property", was Epicitus's remark. He also said, "you can enslave and chain my body, but not my mind". Do not choose to let your mind be chained to any idea or concept or political ideology, and you will have the foundation of freedom.
0 Replies