People let me tell you 'bout my best friend...

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:45 am
I agree Jespah. Alicia and I have been hanging for 34 years. We get a chuckle out of that but it's an awesome thing to both of us. She had a bout with breast cancer a few years back and I tell you, it was the year after my mother passed away and I honestly felt that if I'd lost Alicia on top of my mother, I just would not have made it. I can't imagine the world without her in it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:36 am
bm
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:26 am
Friends? Nope don't have any. At least not in person.

The last person that I would have considered a friend was like over 25 years ago. I got married, moved elsewhere, lost contact, etc.

My best friend would have to be my wife.

I've got some people I consider friends on the site where I play chess though. Regulars.

Here, I don't know if they're friends or not. Associations?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:01 pm
In my younger years {3-18ish} my best friend was a cynical borderline genius. Very witty and clever, as well as the very definition of a pessimist, a total depressive outlook on everything...the "Dark Cloud" or as some of us that have known him forever call him...{no offence to Roger}...Eeyore.

This did not mix well with my generally optimistic personality, and after going thru our teen years, I found that I could not deal with the attitude any longer, so I let that friendship slip away quietly.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:26 pm
eoe wrote:
Patty and I came together as daily passengers on a commuter train. We had an admiration for one another's fashion sense and checked each other out every morning. We eventually began to chat and a friendship grew. This was twenty-two years ago. We've been through nightmare relationships and career upheavals, family madness and a few burials. She's a message therapist, very calm and centered, interested in different religions and spiritual expressions and I admire her drive and get-up-and-do-it attitude. Again, we don't have alot in common either but she's got my back and I've got hers until the end and beyond.

I want to clarify that Patty lives in Chicago, my hometown and even tho' I moved away over thirteen years ago, she will always be my best friend.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 04:55 pm
It has been very interesting reading your comments about best friendism and I think you all for responding. I empathize with several of you and I'm really jealous of some of you for having the diligence to maintain such friendships.

It really seems stupid that life gets so complicated that I (and maybe you) let friends slip out of our fingers but it is when life gets complicated that we could most use such best friends.

I loved Heeven's best friend - her sister. It was my sister, L, that prompted me to start the thread. She always rides to my rescue. We are still very close but.... man.... a few years ago....

I miss that.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 04:57 pm
Did ya ever note how close the word friend is to being fiend, huh? Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 05:14 pm
For me, a true best friend is not necessarily someone that you see or talk to all of the time. Perhaps at one point the two of you were inseperable but life does take over and that physical closeness tends to wane with marriage and careers and babies, etc.. But being able to pick up the phone day or night, in good times and bad, and know without doubt that that person will be by your side ASAP, that's a best friend to me.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:26:57