Male Appreciation and Me (and you too)

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:03 pm
If you're married (which I am) but a very attactive and equally intelligent member of the opposite sex expresses his....appreciation for your outward appearance is it wroooooooong to relish it?

I mean....if this is a regular individual, just someone you speak to on a regular basis but you know them to be geniunely honest and forthright and they express - with a sudden and quickly checked - look of ... shall we say approval, is it bad to notice that and inside be going "girl, ya look good" and loving that?

Y'all know I always talk to y'all about what happened to me, so this is not coming from no where. It happened to me this morning. I was walking across the courthouse ground floor, beneath the rotunda and I said my usual "good morning charles" and he - the knave - looked at me down, then back up (and wiped a hardly there smile from his face) and said good morning back.

Now....this was all in the space of about 5 seconds, but I'm not one to be carried away by a man looking at me (i mean come on, i am sooo sexy, i really shouldn't expect less lol). Anyway, to get 'the look' every now and again from someone other than my husband always gives me a thrill.

Is the thrill wrong though? I mean, should I condition myself to NOT bother to care? Seriously, what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 471 • Replies: 9
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:11 pm
Should you not care? Hell no. By all means, live it up. It was a compliment, and a very flattering one at that. Just because you are married doens't mean you can't take compliments. If this person didn't know you were married and seemed to be making a pass at you, that might be a different story, but even still, he finds you attractive and told you so, apparently in a non-creepy way. Be happy! It's not every day someone tells you something so nice as that!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:39 pm
(Man, it's good to have ya back!)

This exact thing just happened today -- summer 'n' all, I guess (wait, you're in Florida, summer has no meaning, yeah it's just the fact that you're damn sexy) and it definitely put a little bounce in my step though I then had to do the complicated "not that I'm actually available" non-verbal communication... bah.

Still fun.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:45 pm
Summertime...
And their clothes get all skimpy
Boobs are jigglin'
And the hemlines are high.
My 'magination's rich,
And them gals are good lookin'.
So hush little conscience,
Don't you cry.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:58 pm
Re: Male Appreciation and Me (and you too)
onyxelle wrote:
If you're married (which I am) but a very attactive and equally intelligent member of the opposite sex expresses his....appreciation for your outward appearance is it wroooooooong to relish it?

it's probably ok if he's merely attractive, but if he's *attactive* it might behoove you to be careful. Razz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:05 pm
. . . and it's always been okay for a gentleman to appreciate what we used to call "a nicely turned ankle".
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:12 pm
Onyxelle, there has never been a time in history when women have not appreciated an appreciative look. Bounce along, sweetie, that is one of life's little treasures, meant to be savored.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:45 pm
oh goodie!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:50 pm
A little bit of appreciation/notice can go a long way to reminding us all that we've got it.

And we do.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:14 am
I appreciate women ALL the time. Married or not. I would like to think they like it. Not appreciating beauty is an insult to the beautiful one Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Male Appreciation and Me (and you too)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:07:34