Your Old Threads/Topics

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 07:37 am
Do you ever revisit old posts of yours? I don't mean the ones like games or jokes that are never-ending. Nor do I mean the same old political or religious arguments yay or nay that we engage in on a most regular basis wherein you see the same people's views over and over again.

I mean the posts you make that are maybe out of the ordinary for you, or that might have gone 1-4 pages at most before it's end. You maybe asked an interested question or posted a random but intriguing thought you'd had and got several spirited/intelligent responses.

I occassionally revisit old threads and posts of mine, to see if my views may or may not have changed since then. I did this last night and I came across a poem that I wrote back in July 2004. I re-read this poem and it was brand new to me. Not new like I didn't remember it, but new as in....a fresh understanding even of my own words. It was like I was reading this poem for the first time outside myself, as someone else. It was more real to me than when I first wrote it.

Have you ever rediscovered old posts or threads of yours that just made you think about it? Things that you hadn't thought about in ages since that post or had an experience like "yeahhhhhhhh, hm."?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 554 • Replies: 17
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:00 am
Yeah...sometimes i'm amazed at how clever I used to be...fearless and idealistic. Now I hardly bother anymore.

I do remember the posts where I was trying to meet up with you for some tennis.. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:07 am
I do too.
And im embarassed at what an emoticon whore i used to be

Shocked Shocked Cool Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:07 am
sheesh

i just had a relapse..
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:49 am
panzade wrote:
Yeah...sometimes i'm amazed at how clever I used to be...fearless and idealistic. Now I hardly bother anymore.

I do remember the posts where I was trying to meet up with you for some tennis.. Laughing

no you weren't. you said you lived too far away. pffft.

Geez louise....don't make me go post hunting...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 10:45 am
My favorite thread, where I was the author, was called, "Books that Will Never Be Written". It just went on and on, and parts of it were hilarious. After its demise, I believe I atempted to revive it, but it never worked afterwards.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 10:49 am
I love to do this and here's why. As time passes, my warped mind remembers conversations with a negative slant towards my own contribution. I often remember what I was thinking while participating in a thread and assume that I communicated every stupid dastardly thought -- hindsight makes many a thought stupid and dastardly. When I actually re-read them, though, I find that the reality is something else. And I'm always relieved.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 10:53 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
My favorite thread, where I was the author, was called, "Books that Will Never Be Written". It just went on and on, and parts of it were hilarious. After its demise, I believe I atempted to revive it, but it never worked afterwards.

Now I'm searching for that topic ....
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 01:32 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I love to do this and here's why. As time passes, my warped mind remembers conversations with a negative slant towards my own contribution. I often remember what I was thinking while participating in a thread and assume that I communicated every stupid dastardly thought -- hindsight makes many a thought stupid and dastardly. When I actually re-read them, though, I find that the reality is something else. And I'm always relieved.

oh. uhm...i was thinking your entire thought process was dastardly. not stupid, but dastardly. with the little dastardly laugh and all.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 02:14 pm
muhuhwahaha
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 02:16 pm
i knew i was right.

you know, hotlanta, the last time i heard that phrase my gay-becoming-a-woman brother used it. She lives there now.

I wonder if you've ever met her
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:21 pm
Oh, yes! I do go back to a few oldies now and then. My favorite of the threads I've started was the "Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party" thread. Not only was it hilariously descriptive (without photos, even!) and over-the-top, but it contained Cav at his best. God, I miss that guy.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10796&highlight=
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:31 pm
I guess my favorite was a poem, "The Ghost Room in My Ancestral Home", because Cav was on that one as well, and we talked about the fact that dog's may have a sixth sense. Hope that wee Austin is all right.

Onyx, I think that I invited you to the philosophy of poetry thread, and I started a thread called The Thread That Runs so True asking the same type question as you just did.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:49 pm
you did? did i not come by? shame on me! I will stop by later on this evening.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:58 pm
No, no, onyx. You dropped by and expressed your opinion, honey, but that was a long time ago.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 05:10 pm
Well, surely I hae new opinions now lol.

letty, i am loathe to tell you that I was in daytona for 8 days and I didn't think of meeting with you. Tsk.

Let's meet somewhere in the middle and have lunch one saturday.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 05:17 pm
Would love to, onyx. When my husband died, it took a little of the old spirit out of me.

Hey, maybe panz and you and I, but I don't play tennis. <smile>
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 05:47 pm
I think that is a super idea. you're north of me, he's south west of me I think. phoenix is east. i think central is actually in kissimmee.

Let's do it!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your Old Threads/Topics
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:09:27