What would be your "soul vessel"?

squinney

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 10:15 am
(Emptying out the washstand - looking for my past and lessons learned. )

Ahhh, so THAT's where I put it Laughing !
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 10:38 am
This thread is not intended to be an investigation of anyone's personal cosmology. I would risk alienating half the membership of A2K if it were and I would be setting myself up for a big lecture on God and soul and whatnot.

If I were investigating such a thing I would absolutely agree with Swimpy - our souls rest in the people that carry on our love.

I think I understand Letty's urn. It speaks volumes.

I'm not quite so sure about the ball chair - what is it's signifigance to you, TL?

BVT, I hate to tell you this, but you might want to peek inside that suitcase, I think squinney threw away your soul.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 10:56 am
My soul vessel is a 1968 Dodge Charger, red, with a 426 hemi, with dual carbs and glass-pack exhaust. We're goin' nowhere fast, and i do mean fast . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:14 am
I knew immediately, but that Quick Draw Swimpy Very Happy said it first. I feel the same way.

My children are the walking, talking, breathing repositories of everything I am and have ever ever been, and dreamed of being, thankfully, minus the mistakes so far.

They are themselves, individually, and at the same time, me.

Magic!
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:42 am
design classic (art, cool, design, individual, practical and lifestyle all wrapped into one). -the colours a bit bright a bit like a sliced lemon on this one but still cool-http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/tagged_lyricist/8.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:06 pm
boomerang wrote:
This thread is not intended to be an investigation of anyone's personal cosmology. I would risk alienating half the membership of A2K if it were and I would be setting myself up for a big lecture on God and soul and whatnot...

I just took it as defining ones self / soul through an object and exploring why it seems to "fit." It was actually a very thoughtful question. Made me have to think about where I might "stash" my soul if I could... Which I can't.

(I don't think.)
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:08 pm
Setanta wrote:
My soul vessel is a 1968 Dodge Charger, red, with a 426 hemi, with dual carbs and glass-pack exhaust. We're goin' nowhere fast, and i do mean fast . . .

I recently watched Bullitt again, for the umpteenth time... I reckon the Charger is a great way to cart your soul around.

Cameras, washstands, urns... so many items we'd walk right by everyday and not give a second glance, save for the Charger.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:23 pm
tagged's vessel is fabulous!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:26 pm
boomerang wrote:
This thread is not intended to be an investigation of anyone's personal cosmology. I would risk alienating half the membership of A2K if it were and I would be setting myself up for a big lecture on God and soul and whatnot.

If I were investigating such a thing I would absolutely agree with Swimpy - our souls rest in the people that carry on our love.

I think I understand Letty's urn. It speaks volumes.

I'm not quite so sure about the ball chair - what is it's signifigance to you, TL?

BVT, I hate to tell you this, but you might want to peek inside that suitcase, I think squinney threw away your soul.

I don't believe in god, boomer. I wasn't taking a religious tack. I spent the majority of my life shaping ( or trying to) those young men. Mother is a huge part of who I am. Things don't have any soulfulness to me. Maybe my iPOD comes closest because I'm filling it with the soundtrack of my life.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 08:17 pm
Oh I missed Dag's ex's pager!

I can see her in a new life stumbling across this thing, buying it and beating the shite out of it. Then, perhaps, she would pick up the pieces and integrate them into some fabulous architecture.

And Set's Charger -- may I call it "Christine". I kind of get the feeling that I would meet him at the crossroads. Maybe he'll teach me to play guitar.....

Squinney got my intent - it was just an excercise, something to make you think the way it made me think about why I chose the objects I do and why I hang on to some of them for dear life.

I confess to being a bit worried that I had offended some with the question.

But talk about though provoking!

Today I was teachin Mo the proper way to walk the dog because we are facing an impending dog transition and I want him to be focusing on the healthy dog.

So Bird, the healthy dog, is pretty good on a leash but it takes a little finesse to walk her properly -- she outwieghs Mo and she is very strong. She is a patient and gentle dog but she is a dog and she enjoys dog things like sniffing and wandering and trying to get away with things.

Anyway.

I watched and coached and thought of Mo dragging my soul around in all of its awkward and cumbersome glory.

Let's just say I've made a few, okay more than a few, alright already, a lot, of mistakes and learned a few lessons -- enough to make carrying my soul about as easy as carrying a sack of bricks across Jupiter.

I want Mo to live with moon gravity so I need to work on lightening my soul.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:21 am
hehee. I love questions like this, Boomer! I've been thinking about for a good while and even brought it up to a few friends. It's intriguing.

The vessel that seems right to me, that I kept coming back to is:
My old flannel work shirt. It's one of those blue and black checkered ones, thick, filled with the musty smell of camp fires and fresh air. The smell stays no matter how many times I wash it. It's oversized for me. It's torn in places, it's comfortable. It's good for a lot of occasions but is a bit hard to dress up.

When I was younger, I would take it with me everywhere. Go out exploring, worn it while working, worn it while picking fruit and identifying plants and animals, played with kids in it, went fishing in it, got drunk and partied in it, scraped my knees biking and had some good 'lying on the grass and kissing' moments in it. I've bled in it, I've taken magic journeys with my first love with that thing.

I think I'd recognize it and laugh. It gets dirty a lot but always washes clean.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:38 am
I went down to the crossroads,
Fell down on my knees.
I went down to the crossroads,
Fell down on my knees.
Asked the Lord above for mercy,
"Save me if you please."
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:14 am
I'm trying really hard to come up with something that I would recognize as mine in a future life. I have yet to come up with anything. Still thinking...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 12:20:48